Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dial-in numbers, etc ?

• 08-03-2000 1:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭

Lo all,

Can anyone provide a list of telephone no.s for the free ISPs, at least the main Eircom, Esat, Ocean ones?
    If they do require mucking about with IPs can you post this as well? I'd prefer to steer well clear of those CDs obviously! smile.gif

Cheers,

Al.

PS. 01 numbers preferred to those 1891 sex line thingys smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Indigo's go free accounts can use their 6047000 number, not sure about the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Eircom net (FREE) - - - 8192401
    Esat Clear (SurfFree) - - - 2509811
    Oceanfree - - - 2434321
    Indigo GoFree - - - 6047000
    (All numbers are Dublin(01) dialups)

With eircom, you can also download the ".INS" file for all those nasty IP settings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Cheers lads, those cds weren't going anywhere near my machine smile.gif

Dead{o}, dya know if I just leave my IP blank will it sort it out automagically? (it does on my local isp a/c)

Gman, thanks.

Al.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Your going to need dns servers for each account as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Here Tr0jan, are you talking about 'Server assigned IP' for my box?.... cuz erm yes!
    But what about all that remote gateway IPs and DNS server IP's.... AFAIK you're pretty f|_|CkeD without them.
    What's the upshot of getting these on-the-fly from the dialup server? Does it slow down the connection time?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

No, not any amount I can notice anyway. I use it all the time, saves mucking about with bits of paper when I reinstall (a too regular occurance...). Haven't tried it on any of these numbers yet...

Al.

Advertisement