Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bloody Driving test application

Options
  • 10-10-2001 12:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

as some of u may know from my previous posts, i was applying to take my bike driving test. So anyway I filled in the form and sent it away complete with a cheque for 30 quid. I applied for category A as I was instructed to (cos I want to get a bigger bike, something around a 600, 750). Anyway I got the "we have recieved your application" letter back and it says I must take my test on a 150cc or bigger bike.. what a kick in the ass! Ive only got a 125 (well its a 124 technically) so it looks like I've just pissed away 30 quid. any way of getting around this or am I basically just screwed?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Nero

borrow a mates bike and transfer your insurance for the day of the test ...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

might not be totally on topic, but just so's people know, you can now apply for your driving test @:

http://www.drivingtest.ie/

cheers,

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Nero
    borrow a mates bike and transfer your insurance for the day of the test ...

If only it were that easy.. dont know anyone with a 150+ cc bike... I'm screwed.. might just buy a new bike then sell it the day after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭NeRb666

I know Irish School Of Motoring give bike lessons, maybe they can provide a bike for a test. Or else ask in your local bike shop if they could lend you a 250 or something for a few hours.

Advertisement