Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Desktop PC + X-Ray machine = ?

• 10-10-2001 4:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

What's the deal with bringing a Desktop PC on the plane? Can that thing go through an X-Ray machine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

given the way shi7 is these days adoubt you could. why dont you send it wit your luggage and take the parts (all wrapped and baggied) on with you. would take less space.

why would you want to take aone on in the first place?

j

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

You coming back to Ireland then Hobbes?

BTW I will be in Boston from the 25th to the 29th. If you want to meet for a pint let me know.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Your fine putting a PC through a X-ray machine I had my Lap top scanned about 4 or 5 times when I was going/coming back from the states and it's still working fine. On the same topic its fine to put through digital cameras as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

I was under the impression that if any magnetic media gets x-rays blasted thru it the media gets wiped or at least corrupted.. or at least thats what ive been left to believe.. hmmmmmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Shamie

Yeah if you put any CDs through the X-Ray whether they are music, games or cd-r cds they will get corrupted.

So that would apply to hard drives aswell i'd say.

You could get those special plastic bags that are used when bringing camera film through a X-Ray that would probably protect them but im not too sure on that one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Yeah if you put any CDs through the X-Ray whether they are music, games or cd-r cds they will get corrupted.

omg these x-rays will kill us all!

please explain to me how an x-ray machine could interfere with the simple holes on the surface of a cd and why you have a connection between that and magnetic media (hard drives)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Originally posted by gandalf
    You coming back to Ireland then Hobbes?

BTW I will be in Boston from the 25th to the 29th. If you want to meet for a pint let me know.

Gandalf.

Yea coming back on the 30th. I'll msg you contact details if you want to go for a pint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Cool man email it to me.

I'm not sure whats planned for me apart from a NHL game on the 1st night :)

Gandalf.

Advertisement