Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Europe to make broadband top priority next year

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

The report found that the penetration of cable and ADSL has risen in all 15 Member States, except in the UK and Ireland, which remained flat between October 2000 and June 2001.
    Wow, thats such a shock. No, honestly...
    By 2010, say the report, fibre optic could account for a third of all Internet connections to EU homes and small and medium sized businesses.
    Quite. Also, by 2015 pigs will be genetically engineered with wings.

It would be funny if it wasnt so serious :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Dr99

The report acknowledges that demand for broadband needs to be stimulated and suggests this can be done by the "widest possible roll out of all platforms" and low cost access.

Look Eircon, Europe agrees with us. That’s gota tell you something…… well doesn’t it?? Hello HELLO is anybody listening? Eircon HELLO
    Echo..echo.echo…..
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

The report found that the penetration of cable and ADSL has risen in all 15 Member States, except in the UK and Ireland, which remained flat between October 2000 and June 2001.

what was that thing the government was saying around a year ago ... ah yes, I remember now ... 'Ireland is the E-Hub' of Europe ....

The government would want to wake up, and fast

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

Originally posted by Moriarty

Wow, thats such a shock. No, honestly...

Quite. Also, by 2015 pigs will be genetically engineered with wings.

It would be funny if it wasnt so serious :(
    actually come places in holland and germany allready have this in practise.
    It would have to be heavly goverment funded.
    Still i dont see it by 2010.

I allways, from the start of the english one, predicted 2002 for adsl, cable and friaco. i never thought for one moment we would see it before then, not even when eircom were talking about friaco about 2-3 years back

Advertisement