Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bert is EVIL!! Proof!

• 10-10-2001 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

772741-40533-groot.jpg

Took me a while to notice but cracked me up laughing.

Story here (in dutch)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

took me a while to see it aswell. great stuff though!

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

bertbinladen.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Intresting, that picture is the one that is actually on the poster.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Yo Mamma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

pfff! i knew of berts evilness for years! bert2.jpg;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

proff going back even further!
    kkk.jpg :eek: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

knew it . and now hes not sleeping with that other guy . wonder if its part of a deal he made not to kill him off ?>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't have the link anymore but there is a news story on wired.com about this.

Basically the guy who made the poster did an internet search for Laden graphics and made a collage of them. One of the pictures on the poster (which you can't see there) shows Bin Laden holding a bottle of Jack Daniels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

image editing is surprisingly easy heres one i made earlier although it is a bit ot.
    flamer.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

here's the latest bert news from fox

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Originally posted by Hobbes
    I don't have the link anymore but there is a news story on wired.com about this.

Basically the guy who made the poster did an internet search for Laden graphics and made a collage of them. One of the pictures on the poster (which you can't see there) shows Bin Laden holding a bottle of Jack Daniels.

Heres a good link in relation to both bert and that bottle which turns out to be a traditional Muslim knife. This link shows you all the different examples of the poster from different sources, it appears that the poster was made up as Hobbes said of a collage of Images they downloaded from the net and one of them happened to be the evil bert one that was floating around (the one posted here by yo mamma) They don't know if it was left in there on purpose by the creator or not but in later runs of the same poster it was taken out, but it was genuinely there!

' Reuters spokeswoman Felicia Cosby said the photos were authentic '

http://www.lindqvist.com/bert.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,494 ✭✭✭✭Victor

From: http://www.lindqvist.com/externsajt.php?externalSite=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/p/ap/20011011/wl/1002816380bangladesh_osama_and_bert_ny180.html&extName=Yahoo+explanation
    Demonstrators hold up a poster of terrorist suspect Osama bin Laden during a pro Bin Laden rally in Dhaka, Bangladesh Monday, Oct. 8, 2001. Within the poster, at center right, is a printed image of "Sesame Street" children's television character "Bert." Azad Products, who manufactures the poster was not aware of the appearance of Bert in one of the collaged images that make up the poster. ``We got the images through e-mails and off the internet. We did not give the pictures a second look or realize what they signified until you pointed it to us,'' Mostafa Kamal, production manager, told The Associated Press. Sesame Street or Bert are hardly known in Bangladesh. (AP Photo/Pavel Rahman)

Also note that the Bert in the collage poster is the one in the edited photo - it's not so abvious from the press photos.

I still prefer Ernie. This is merely a manipulative plot to boost Bert's ratings.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Also note that the Bert in the collage poster is the one in the edited photo - it's not so abvious from the press photos.
    [/B]

I'm just after saying that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭Sharkey

klintoon_3.jpg

the latest from the Bert is Evil series.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement