Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big changes at Esat

• 10-03-2000 6:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Just got this in my email today:
    Dear Customer

As you may be aware, Ireland On-Line became part of the Esat Telecom Group in
    1999. Since then, it has been decided to retain Ireland On-Line as the brand
    for the consumer Internet market, while Esat Clear will continue to be our home
    phone service. As our valued customer, we wanted to make you aware of these
    developments at the earliest possible opportunity.

In effect, this means that from 10th March, the Esat Clear Internet range of
    products, Surf Free and Surf NoLimits will be re-named as IOL Free and IOL
    NoLimits and henceforth will be sold under the Ireland On-Line brand name.
    Should you so wish, you will be able to keep your existing email address
    - @esatclear.ie for as long as you want. Alternatively, you can avail of an
    IOL e-mail address which will take the form of @iolfree.ie or iol.ie
    respectively.

IOL Free is the free Internet package which will allow new customers who sign
    up to the service to get an unlimited e-mail addresses @iolfree.ie, otherwise
    all product features will remain the same as applied to Surf Free.

IOL No Limits is the flat rate Internet package for unlimited off-peak on-line
    time. Due to a number of factors, we are increasing the monthly charge for
    IOL No Limits by £3, to £20 per month. We are confident that £20 per month
    still represents excellent value for money - this works out at just 70p per
    day for unlimited off peak Internet access in the evenings and all weekend.
    With IOL NoLimits you also get unlimited e-mail addresses, 10mb personal web
    space and low cost technical support. To demonstrate our on-going commitment to
    offering best value products and services where we have the power to do so, we
    are slashing the cost of our technical support helpline, from 58p per minute to
    the price of a local call.

These pricing changes will be effective from 1st April 2000.

If you would like any more information on any of Ireland On-Line's products,
    including our new product - IOL Gold, simply freephone 1800 924 888 or visit
    our portal site on www.iol.ie, where you will find constantly updated news,
    sport and weather headlines; an on-line shopping mall; an entertainment
    section; TV Guide; travel information; a Kidz section and much more.....

On behalf of the management and staff at Esat Telecom Group, I would like to
    take this opportunity to thank you for your valued custom and look forward to
    continuing to provide all your home Internet requirements.

Kind regards.
    Yours sincerely,

Angela Keegan
    Managing Director
    Esat Telecom Consumer Group
    Well well...

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

On behalf of the management and staff at Esat Telecom Group

look at the last name in that?
    esat i believe. esat have a no limits subscritption. IOL = ESAT.
    nuff said. its already out under a different name.
    only question is...will it go to IOL's servers or ESAT's or are they the same ones now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

yeah... will our ips change now from b-airlock123.esatclear.ie to dialup-123.galway.iol.ie

or am i just a nutter?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Well I've still got my old Iol account (now known as IOL Gold - wooooo!) and my ping as about three times less, so here's hoping.

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Yea I've got an esat nolimits a/c and I noticed over the weekend that I was getting seriously cool pings with pheck all lag. Playing Q2 on a UK server where i'd usually ping on average about 200 ish now getting 150-180 so I ain't complaining.

And Bagpuss was wide awake. And when Bagpuss wakes up all his friends wake up too. The mice on the mouse-organ woke up and stretched ... Madeleine, the rag doll ... Gabriel, the toad... And last of all, Professor Yaffle, who was a very distinguished old woodpecker. He climbed down off his bookend and went to see what it was Emily had brought...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭tr1n1ty

My word the futures so bright they gotta wear shades in there, or roller skates just to keep up......

To Infinity and Beyond!

• Advertisement
Advertisement