Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you've decided to become a monk

Options
  • 10-10-2001 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭

One day, a man was driving down a dangerous road drunk. Of course, he crashed. Dazed and confused, he stumbled upon a monk sancturary, and proceeded to knowck at the door.

The monks immediatly took him in and gave him a bed.
    The monks came to visit him the next morning and asked
    "how was your sleep", to which the man replied "grand, grand, but, I kept hearing this noise all the time, what was it?"
    to which the monks replied "sorry your not a monk, we can't tell you"
    Fair enough said the man and then he left

the next year he was driving down the same road again, drunk. and again, he crashed.
    Dazed and confused, he stumbled upon a monk sancturary, and proceeded to knowck at the door.

"how was your sleep", to which the man replied "grand, grand, but, I kept hearing this noise all the time, what was it?"
    Fair enough said the man and then he left

the next year he was driving down the same road again, drunk. and again, he crashed.
    Dazed and confused, he stumbled upon a monk sancturary, and proceeded to knowck at the door.

"ah come on" said the man "you gotta tell me this time"
    "NO! your not a monk" replied the monks "how do i become a monk" said the man

the monks told him that to become a monk he must count every grain of sand and every blade of grass.
    The man proceeded to do that and when he had finished he went back to the sancturary and told the monks he had accomlished the task

"good good" said the monks "now you are a monk, and as a monk you may discover what the noise is"
    "first you must open that big wooden door over there"

so the man proceeded to open the door to which he was greeted with a big steel door, he opened this and was then greeted by a big gold door, he opened this and
    was greeted by a big glass door
    he opened this and was greeted by a big ruby door
    and he opened that and was greeted by...the object that made the noise

and do you know what it was........

. CANT TELL YOU UR NOT A MONK

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

lol pretty nice 1 :)
    /me starts counting my grass and sand ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,979 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

i remember nearly killing soembody when they told me that

Advertisement