Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many of you are interested in an Irish games site?

• 10-03-2000 10:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Guys,

I've heard that a new multi-format gaming site is opening in the coming weeks. You may just be thinking that its just another games site but this one is supposed to be Irish like the old Consolefan that was at www.gamesta.com/consolefan. I think that along with the chance of Nintendo moving to Ireland, this is an unbelievable move for the Irish games industry. What do you guys think?

Luftwaffe
    Hitler's Best

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

is this an ad?

1 post by this person and it happens to be hyping a new site? smile.gif

but yeah id have a look at least... the idea of a site can be great but it can still end up crap

or am i just a nutter?

• Registered Users Posts: 574 ✭✭✭ste

yes...

we've all seen excellent opportunities and ideas for excellent sites ruined due to ... many reasons

have we not ?

[This message has been edited by ste (edited 10-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

!
    Noel **** off and dont be advertising on these boards again. Please someone delete this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Luftwaffe
    Hitler's Best

I cant disagree strongly enough about this and will be reporting it to the admins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

NO-ONE, **** OFF

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

In fairness....I'm totally against nazism etc...but from a certain pov...the luftwaffle was hitlers best....his best weapon.....in the battle against the allies...IE...the blitz's etc......
    In one context this is a totally legit statement...in another its not.
    thanks you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Still, it is hardly something one would normally call oneself after...

Quite tasteless, especially when trying to plug some dodgy website at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Luftwaffe01

I am not trying to hype any site. I simply heard the rumours on AERTEL's Gamezone mailbag from a guy called Shane and I was wondering what people thought. I am not NAZI either. I was just saluting one of the best air corps groups ever to walk this planet. So you are all wrong.

Luftwaffe
    The World's Best (Is that okay)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Ahem... doesn't the aforementioned Noel Brady RUN some of Aertel's gamezone pages?

- Munch
    - Visit The Fortress

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Yes Noel owns that Aertel page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

actually they werent the best were they. the allies beat them. so they were just hitlers best.
    anyway, the luftwaft was part of the german military, not part of the nazi party, so it doesnt make them evil. just a bunch of young lads doing someone elses dirty work..like all of the rest of the armies in the world at the time.
    except maybe the japanese coz they were big into obedience and respect and doing onto others so they were just nutters smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

There was a similar debate in the Irish Times a few weeks ago as to whether or not the Waffen SS were the best group of soldiers the world has ever seen. And indeed from an organisational point of view etc. they were, but they were still an army unit in the vilest dictatorship the world has ever seen (until I get in charge of Ireland that is smile.gif )

So what's my point - well that anyone who would call themselve's Luftwaffe - Hitler's Best whilst trying to promote a website must be a bit of a w@nker, really.

Castor 'TotenKopf Verbund Rule!!!!' Troy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭-=Raven=-

ahhhhhhh.....well the english don't half praise the sh1te outta their old airforce.
    Them raf types who apparently killed something or someone.
    I dunno..and tbh couldn't care less eh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Luftwaffe01

While you are arguing I would just like to make the point that most Irish people supported the Germans during the war. I do not support Hitler nor will I have. If you wanna see a Nazi rent American History X. And I am not promoting a goddamn site. I supposed you will say i am promoting Xtravision now.

Luftwaffe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Luftwaffe:
    While you are arguing I would just like to make the point that most Irish people supported the Germans during the war.
    Luftwaffe

And so did most Germans, what's your point? And please don't plug Xtravision either mate :P Chartbusters are miles better for one thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

thats complete **** biscuts my friend, to say
    most Irish ppl supported the germans during the war
    is funny its so inaccurate.

Most irish ppl supported the allies, plain and simple. That is a great irony of irish history that we want from hateing them, and fighting them to supporting them in the war over night!

While some people would argue that most Irish ppl wanted to remain neutral, I see where they come from, while not really agreeing. The neutral status cam emuch later in the war IMHO, nearer the end.

a small group of ppl supported the germans, not big at all.

and yes dev game condolonces to the german embassy on hitlers death, that was a mistake IMHO, but he did it because we were independent, neutral, and we acted as such

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 14-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭tr1n1ty

I thought the idea of Boards.ie was that anyone could post to the boards, advertising their site or not. A more conventional method might be to take out advertising on the Boards and support a good cause as well.

However I'd change the name - it won't win you any 'brownie points'. Having studied history I don't think that Hitler ever offered anything positive to society.

To Infinity and Beyond!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The luftwafe the best air corp in history! My bollicks! One dazzling feat of ineptitude after another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

SCHNELL SCHNELL KARTOPFELKOPF!

for the blackadder fans out there wink.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

This is the technology board is it not?????

There I've changed it okay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

I don't know anymore ...... how many spitfires had on board computers then ???

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

Advertisement