Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing the frequency of the remote

• 11-10-2001 8:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

This is a bit off the wall... please bear with me.

I've just got a second digibox with a BBC FTV card and installed it next to my original (Irish) Sky box. Evertyhing works fine.. I can switch between boxes to watch BBC etc. or the Sky stations.

Only one problem - both boxes (one is an Amstrad and the other a Pace) react to the same remote, i.e. when I switch "On" on the remote, both boxes are activated etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to change the frequency of one of the remotes, or if you have to be a rocket scientist to do so...

Any help much appreciated.

S. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,338 ✭✭✭✭Tony

Not possible I'm afraid as far as I am aware.

Regards Tony

Originally posted by Stiabhna
    Hi,

This is a bit off the wall... please bear with me.

I've just got a second digibox with a BBC FTV card and installed it next to my original (Irish) Sky box. Evertyhing works fine.. I can switch between boxes to watch BBC etc. or the Sky stations.

Only one problem - both boxes (one is an Amstrad and the other a Pace) react to the same remote, i.e. when I switch "On" on the remote, both boxes are activated etc.

I was wondering if it is possible to change the frequency of one of the remotes, or if you have to be a rocket scientist to do so...

Any help much appreciated.

S. :)

Desktop PC Boards discount code on https://www.satellite.ie/ is boards.ie

Hi stiabhna,
    had the same problem myself-this is what I did,
    have the second box in another room and using a remote control extender to work it-its wired into my distribution amp,with the frequency changed slightly.
    so when I want to use the other box I just plug out the remote extender.
    However if you have the two together-just switch one off and as long you dont press any of the main menu's you can change channels and press i button, use text etc without driving the other box mad-but you've probably discovered this anyway..
    mm

Advertisement