Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eds

• 11-10-2001 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭

It looks like my employers in their infinite wisdom are going to sub-contract the MIS support function to EDS (aka The Borg)
    I'm assuming EDS try to keep existing employees (keep my desk, change my employer ?) but I'm not really sure how they operate.
    Anyone got any expierience of EDS or worked for them. Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

one of the Guys I work with went through what you are about to and this is what he said:
    (he's back with us after his year with them in OZ)
    EDS is just another big organization. Very regimented and structured with loads of procedures and protocols. I suppose that what goes with being a large organization. They seem to treat people pretty well but don’t like contractors and try not to use them if they can help it.

When Colonial staff transitioned to EDS it was rather painless for 99% of them. Most got a transition bonus as an incentive. Some of the staff were retrenched (i.e. paid to leave), but there was only a handful out of hundreds…

All in all it could be worse, but it could be better…

Names deleted for all the wrong reasons

hope this helps.
    Retro
    ps let me know if you receive emails of about 11mb and I will send you a finer moment of EDS- I thought it was worth the 1/2 hour download from thier site.
    Where are you based btw?
    email me at brian.odoherty@phoenix.ie

:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Karma

http://www.eds.com/advertising/advertising_tv_catherding.shtml

download this or mail me if you don't want to spend 20/30 mins downloading it

cheers
    Retro

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

Thx for the info Retro. Ad is well made. Anyway things don't sound to bad so I think I'll go back to sleep until EDS show up.

Cheers.

Advertisement