Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat E-mail About ADSL

Options
  • 11-10-2001 4:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭

Got an e-mail from esat today about their stance on ADSL. Pretty uninformative but i guess it means they're trying, which is a good sign.
    11 October 2001

Dear Customer,

DSL is the next essential step for communications in Ireland and we are
    striving to provide our customers with the most up to date technology
    that we can.

You may have read that eircom and the ODTR are in dispute
    over pricing on DSL, resulting in the postponement of eircom's DSL
    launch. This pricing dispute obviously impacts on our ability to launch
    a DSL service but be assured that Esat is constantly monitoring the
    current situation and we are lobbying all parties to try and advance the
    rollout of DSL in Ireland.

We at Esat Fusion have been conducting an operational trial of ADSL
    technology since July to test ADSL from its installation through to its
    every day usage. The full details of our what our DSL package will
    entail are still under discussion at industry level. We will update you
    as soon as we can.

We at Esat Fusion are committed to providing our customers with quality
    service and a range of choice.

Kindest regards

The Customer Care Team
    Esat Fusion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Notice the Esat wonka server clock is out by a few hours too (got it an hour and a half before it was sent)

First response from Esat since registering for me (five months, not bad really I suppose, well comparable to getting ISDN from Eircom)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

yeah, same here, got that email earlier ... 6 or so months after registering my interest ? I noticed that their ADSL website is still the exact same after all this time. I guess this email was just an effort from esat to cry out to customers .. 'Don't forget, we're here to' !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Got that email too.. what a load of rubbish. I wouldnt mind if they gave us some news that wasnt already common knowledge, but it was all complete rubbish. As ando said, they just sent that email to remind everyone that signed up that they will eventually (maybe) be entering the DSL market too, so 'dont forget about us even though we screwed you over with no limits' :) Thanks Esat, youre my best friend

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by rymus
    so 'dont forget about us even though we screwed you over with no limits' :) Thanks Esat, youre my best friend

Good, good, hold grudges. Let go of them verrrrrrrry slowly.
    Make a list and remember it. Dell, Eircom, Sony, Waterstones, Esat and Fitzgeralds Electrical in Cork. Damn them all.

Obviously as a small consumer there's probably little you can do to any of these companies (though I enjoyed buying 100k of Compaq equipment for someone and faxing the order to the boss of the idiot in Dell who held my repair for two months and then tried to charge for it) but every little bit helps and it makes you feel better, doesn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭zenith

Obviously as a small consumer there's probably little you can do to any of these companies (though I enjoyed buying 100k of Compaq equipment for someone and faxing the order to the boss of the idiot in Dell who held my repair for two months and then tried to charge for it) but every little bit helps and it makes you feel better, doesn't it?

You are an evil, evil chap. Nice one.

Maybe dahamsta should make a note of that in his little FAQ on protest, and we should all make a point of signing up for Esat Fusion. Oh, and faxing it to €ircom HQ.

Trying to get back on topic, I got the mail too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Originally posted by rymus
    Got that email too.. what a load of rubbish. I wouldnt mind if they gave us some news that wasnt already common knowledge, but it was all complete rubbish. As ando said, they just sent that email to remind everyone that signed up that they will eventually (maybe) be entering the DSL market too, so 'dont forget about us even though we screwed you over with no limits' :) Thanks Esat, youre my best friend

I think people need to remember that the types here on the IOFFL forum are a small minorty of internet users in Ireland. Not everyone keeps up to date with the telco soap opera as avidly as we do. That email was for people that just arent aware of current happenings. Its actually there second or third mail shot about DSL.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭infomat

Originally posted by Dustaz

Its actually there second or third mail shot about DSL.

I applied for information a very long time ago and other than the initial automatic response I have not received any other mailshots other than this most recent e-mail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by zenith
    we should all make a point of signing up for Esat Fusion. Oh, and faxing it to €ircom HQ.

Slightly off topic I know, but as you said it first (:)) : I cant wait to see how bad Eircom fill their pants with kak when they see numerous private wireless networks springing up all over the country.. then we'll see how much they want us to come back to dialing up to use their network. Fat chance corporate facist pigs.

sceptre : im making my list, checking it twice }:>

Advertisement