Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Funny Theory

Options
  • 12-10-2001 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭

If you look at it, the constant delays in the rollout of broadband have been going on nerly since 1998? Right?. In that three year timespan, couldnt the other telco's have built up their own national infrastructure, instead of depending on Eircom all the time? I think that may be the way to go. IrishWan anyway aims to do just that;) http://www.irishwan.org and http://dublin.irishwan.org

It strange. DSL delayed yet again? I think the telco's should cop on and start working, because there will always be trouble with Eircom. One of the biggest mistaked the State ever made was handing over our national infrastructure to them. God, every time i see that mouse I want to petrol bomb him;)

My rant ends ........................ now :)

Gluck

Matt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

ummm......ESAT were supposedly building a network using the railway lines? But it was taking ages and they had to stop work cos they were interfering with a signalling system or something? A network isn't a cheap thing to build either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger
    ummm......ESAT were supposedly building a network using the railway lines? But it was taking ages and they had to stop work cos they were interfering with a signalling system or something? A network isn't a cheap thing to build either. :)

Those of you who watch morning/daytime TV may have noticed on TG4 that there's currently a government led inquiry into the CIE/Esat network/signalling "fiasco".

Anyone know how this is going?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I don't think ye meant it lads, but if ye were on /. ye'd both get:

(Score:3, Funny)

adam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Those of you who watch morning/daytime TV may have noticed on TG4 that there's currently a government led inquiry into the CIE/Esat network/signalling "fiasco". Anyone know how this is going?

Last time I looked it was mainstream (RTE). I haven't been following it of late, but the couple of times I did catch it I got myself a beer and a bowl of popcorn and laughed my ass off for the day. (The pleasures of being self-employed.)

I think someone - maybe even 80p - has commented on this in fact, in particular Denis O'Brien's particular verbosity whenever he got a chance to voice his opinion on the cost of leased lines in Ireland. Someone actually counted, if I remember right.

Favourite moment: The chairman of the committee telling one of the CIE execs that he was "a great man", with cutting sarcasm. I was rolling around on the effin' floor...

adam

and look!... another gratuitous mention of IrishWan!

Gosh! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Blatant advertising of IrishWan. Tut tut.

Wheres that no sig check box again ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Yeh that signalling inquiry is pretty addictive-
    almostv like the OJ trial (well not quiet:p)
    I have mon / tues mornings off so I;ve dipped in for quick bout of bitchin between the big egos of Irish Business and Politics. Luckily I witnessed the denis O'Brien uproar when he he called the chairman unfit- (once a chancer always a chancer;))
    pat rabitte has a very funny demanour as well in his approach- he treats allt the CIE big wigs and Esat blokes w/ such contempt.

Anyway sorry for going OT- had to comment though-
    Although its a waste of more taxpayers money- at least its entertaining
    BTW whats the bets if the current adsl fiasco continues- will there be future enquiries into anti-competitive behaviour ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hmm i find that entertaining also, worked in other countries, its bound not to work in ireland.

anybody thinking about organizing a rally?

Originally posted by 80project
    Although its a waste of more taxpayers money- at least its entertaining

... which is more than can generally be said for the rest of what's on RTÉ :D

(oooh, contromaversial!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

and they were trying to put up the license fee for that sh*te as well

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Originally posted by Bard

... which is more than can generally be said for the rest of what's on RTÉ :D

(oooh, contromaversial!)

barring Primetime, Q & A and the premiership (just bcos Dunphy and Giles are always likely to say something controversial!) I dont watch anything on RTE- The champions League is gone and I'll watch the soccer internationals on Sky:) Its pretty píss poor @ the mo alrite.

If it wasn't for radio 1 - Jees nobody pay the bloody licence!

Advertisement