Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logout problem

Options
  • 12-10-2001 5:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭

OK, normally I use up to 5 windows of boards.ie at a time. However I noticed that with vBB that if I close any of those (even if it wasn't the one I was logged in under) that I am automaticly logged out and it doesn't tell me.

Then I write a 300 word post and it won't accept it because I'm not logged in. So I try to log-in at the other log-in prompt, but it doesn't work so I hit 'back', but I can't get back to the text I've typed. I then hit the computer.

Any suggestions?

Also, a lot of people are stasying logge-in in cafes when they are not there, even if they have closed Explorer. Potential security risk for them.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

I think we're having the same problem, but I notice it when I'm just browsing... logged in one page, logged out the next. (It's very noticable because I use the "cloud boards" theme, black, and the default is white)

It's not Opera throwing away the cookie, I've told it to keep them, so...
    *shrug*

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

It's probably a problem with the session. See the "s=" in the query string? It's that little guy's value that keeps your session data together, if you don't have the sessionID in a cookie and there's no value in "s" in the query string, there's nothing to tell vB that it's the same guy that logged in 5 minutes ago, hence you being logged out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

eh?

I'm logged in now, obviously, and the s value is empty. It almost always is.

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Originally posted by Discharger Snake
    if you don't have the sessionID in a cookie
    Obviously, you do. PHP automatically sets it where possible.

Advertisement