Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best gig of the year

• 12-10-2001 8:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

Just want to know what people thougt was the best gig of the year mine is either the manic's at smithfeild or the frames at wittness

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 193 ✭✭Eyeliner__Boy

awww jesus, there's been ****ing loads, tho the one that stands out the most was Muse/Ash in Galway and Cork. Ash were their usual ****e but Muse were ****ing incredible. as usual. Other notable mentions to Sigur Ros, Manics in Smithfield, A Wee Night For Uaneen, JJ72 @ Slane, Brand New Paty (Feeder, Snow Patrol & Lowgold), and of course, Placebo @ Witnness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

thats tough. skindive in the tbmc was pretty bitchin last night. turn last week at DLIADT. REM at cologne in May. other high point bellx1 whelans, oh who knows, to many.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭slash99

Easy!

Clutch in Whelans - Amazing gig!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 berny

most beautiful gig was britnness
    after that witnness - frames,
    -the dirty three were amazing
    -the trail of the dead were ummm great
    damien rice's single release party was spellbinding

please do not insult my hardvare:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭twoheadedcow

Originally posted by berny

please do not insult my hardvare:eek:

im going to FLAME you

SUPER

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭comanche

don't know hard one to judge, so many ..... Bob Dylan in Kilkenny.... RHCP @ Slane .... Beuna Vista Social Club in Smithfield ..... are all up there, but I reckon that the best gig of the year was the Frames in Vicar St, supported by Josh Ritter and Harsley Workman and with special guest Mundy, really great gig, really intimated and just great!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

rhcp @ slane, aphex twin @ tbmc and Buena Vista Social Club @ smithfield.

the year is not over yet and there are plenty of gigs to go to. looking forward to seeing jamiroquai, basement jaxx and the jive principle.

adnans

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

easy..

spiritualized at the blackbox and jurassic 5 at the redbox as runnerup..

too many boxes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

Tool @ SFX
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds @ Olympia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Pearl Jam @ the Point

i know it was last year but I haven't really been to much since!

Brill gig though:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Hmmm.... Travis in Dublin Castle...i was grinning for days after that... and Grandaddy were amazing......and Dandy Warhols kicked ass. At Witnness it was just brilliant to see the man himself Frank Black and the Waterboys were unexpectedly great.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

tindersticks at the olympia this week, without a doubt. they sounded so amazing, and then the orchestra! and oh!

followed closely by grandaddy at the olympia too.

for humour value (in a good way), Will Oldham at vicar street earlier in the year (january sometime). he was ****ing hilarious, and dave pajo sang some pretty funny songs too. he's playing here on the 27th in whelans, you should all go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Rev. Jonny Fabulous

Frank Black and The Catholics at Vicar Street in february. Followed by Frank Black and The Catholics at Witnness. The Frames at Tower deserves a mention too. Run DMC at the Red Box too. Umm...

There's more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Deirdre

... is the best gig I've ever been to. (OK I don't get out much.)
    JJ72 @ Slane too.
    And U2 weren't too bad. Maybe that's cause they're playing in the net cafe right now and I feel some sense of nostalgia or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Evil Sausage

SFA at Witnness were super, as was Frank Black, still a few gigs Im holding out on to make up my final judgement! Including Basement Jaxx, the Furrymania weekend, The Frames in Vicar St, Buena Vista and The Charlatans........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

elvis cosetllo @ kilkenny blew dylan oooooooofffff the stage
    neil young @ the point
    manics @ smithfield
    elbow @ hq cool aswell
    funniest but again not in a bad way was hammil on trial @ whealans now that was a funny ****ing gig.

joe strummer will be sweet as will furrymania weekend frames and therapy

worst was easily nellly RETARDo at slane.........DUBLIN YEAH DUBLIN YEAH...........stupid gee bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

The Frames @ the Stables, Mullingar
    Muse @ Witnness

Advertisement