Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find out who owns a site?

Options
  • 12-10-2001 12:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭

I tried register.com, but it's not giving me the result; isn't there some other site that gives the name and address of someone who registered a site?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

or for ".ie" domains....

www.domainregistry.ie have their own WHOIS search facility for Irsih Domains :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

www.whois.net is good for the main TLA domains, or www.allwhois.com for international enquiries (domains from Afghanistan to Zimbabwe)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 258 ✭✭Fand

This is an Irish site, registered as a .co.uk domain - pakchange.com, which bounces you to http://www.wastechange.co.uk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

geektools.com have a whois proxy that keeps track of all the different whois servers for the TLD's
    and sends your query to which ever one has the info.
    whois.geektools.com or http://www.geektools.com/cgi-bin/proxy.cgi for the web interface.

I don't believe it has ever let me down.

• Advertisement

w0w, that geektools.com site is really useful. Thanks!

w0w, that geektools.com site is really useful. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭moist

:) so good he post-ed twice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

That was funny the first time that happened when I was using Ikonboard v1.0, but now it just annoys me that companies can't fix the bloody thing.

Advertisement