Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish ISPs and Stac compression

• 14-03-2000 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭

Simple enough question, which, if any, irish isps support stac compression ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

dunno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

I know eircom doesn't, havn't tried any others.

Well aparently www.BuyAndSell.net are offering such services, however as you can see from the post on the Quake board, the service is not exactly friendly with gamers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

ocean does too, thats it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i cannot for the life of me get a connection with ocean.
    no matter what i do.
    it always gvies me the ol error about not being able to connect to the seerver. every bloody time. and i have tried using both their little dialup proggie and also just sticking in the numbers in a dial up networking connection myself.
    any ideas?

• Advertisement

When you say Ocean, R U talking about OceanFree?
    Because I tried them with Quake about a year ago and the PacketLoss was just nuts!

Btw, how does Stac compression help your games n' stuff, will it give you a lower ping or just allow you to use a higer rate or what?

Click here.

Or here!

Advertisement