Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Otlook Express Back up

• 12-10-2001 12:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭

I want to back up my contact list and my Rules list

By rules list, you know how you can set rules up like, an email from this person goes into this folder, or dont download an email with this word.

i use them to filter out spamage, and they work great, it a big hassel to reset them all after a format.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I remember shadow hooked me up with some proggie that stored all your e-mails but not your contacts for some reason.
    Handy enough program all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I did this just the other day when Win98 crashed on me. Follow these logical steps. Go to:

C:\
    |
    ---->Windows
    |
    ---->Application Data
    |
    >Identities --->

If you are the only person using your comp, then there should be only one folder here with a krazy name, all letters and numbers enclosed in braces. Further exploration in here will find your OE emails and stuff safely hidden away. Use this for backup, and when you reinstall OE (or your OS) just stick that stuff back in the Same folder(Although the 'Identity' will be a different, but similarly wacky folder name). Worked for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

yes, i do that anyway, you can do it from outlook itself, it wont give me what im looking for tho

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q276/5/11.ASP for the blocked senders and other mail rules...
    As for your contacts, try;
    File --> Export --> Address Book and afaik it saves your contacts as a .csv file?
    Also you can open your address book from the toolbar and export it (from the address book "file menu") as a .wab file too...

Mark.

Advertisement