Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

40kRPG

• 12-10-2001 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭

Maybe no-one here is interested but a few friends and I have created a RPG based on Warhammer 40,000 (Going all the way back to Rouge Trader for insperation) It is to be published as a free website so anyone can playtest it. the sight is www.40kroleplay.com but it is still under construction. we have some weapon stats up. And the core rules and a quick charactor creation/conversion section should be up soon.
    Have a loo and check up on it from time to time, feel free to let me know what you think.:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Are you basing your rules on the Warhammer RPG or dice ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

weren't all the equipment and weapon rules included in the original hardback book? That's where I got the rules to run the 40k rpg I dm'ed a loooong time ago. There's also character creation rules (including a quite nifty chaos abberation/mutation table that came in very handy for an AD&D game I ran once).

The stats on your page look pretty much like direct copies of what appears in the book and in white dwarf. They are still under the Warhammer rules... perhaps you should try using a different system (nothing wrong witrh warhammer) because then it would be original and not just a rehash of what's already there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the book your talking about is rogue trader, but our rules system isnt based on rogue trader. the weapon stats look like copies because we cant go around changing the physics now can we, it makes it easier for 40k players to get used to the game.

the actual rules will be up before the end of this week, me kev and adam were up late last night :D

if you read through the first page you will see that this is a roleplay system developed in kevs fevered brain, we are just applying it to 40k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭DrunkLeprachaun

Ever heard of warhammer fantasy role playing game?
    It's pretty good, and if you're going to make a 40k game, you should check it out, to minimize discrepincies.

heres what we are using for reference material
    rogue trader
    compendium
    40k 2nd edition
    all 2nd ed codex's
    all 3rd ed codex's
    necromunda
    gorkamorka
    battlefleet gothic
    warhammer fantasy
    WHFRPG
    many white wolf books (vampire/hunter/werewolf/wraith) and expansions
    and a couple of other lesser known rpgs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭KevDaEdbanger

And since when dose a autopistol have 4 seprate groops of stats????? It dose in our RPG :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 j3bUs

personaly i think 40K would run better off a system like Shadowrun ? that game was very firearms and equipment intensive. i think they would suit each other well.

thems were the days having your Ares Vyper Sliver gun tear up your foes :)

*sniff* i think ill take out my brothers old 2nd ed Shadowrun books and have a nostalgic read.

Mummm Shadowrun is fun. I rember when I was a Troll Trucker.....
    But I wanted to be a little more creative by cobbling together me own set of rules. Admitadly heavly influnced by several other games (Not least amoung these WHFRP) hopefull Jag will have the core rules posted this week end, if he hasn't allready done so...I'd better go check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

40k as an RPG? Good idea, but are you trying to make it better than the original miniatures game, because that would be impossible.

I will check out this site of yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Terran

I checked out the site, now hurry up and finish the game.

• Advertisement

i just got an update on the new site design cr8or is working on and it looks fantabulastical :D

heres a screenshot he sent me
    40ksite.jpg

40kroleplay

ok lads here what you have all been waiting for, we have the bare basic rules up for play testing the rpg.

we will be uploading more later this week and the new look for the site is almost done :D

we are gonna be at gaelcon (at least 2 of us)
    if anyones interested in joining the project talk to us there or email me jag@netshop.ie

site updates
    • more weapons
    • Core rules (basic)
    • Character Sheets
    • Combat rules (basic)

just finished a brief list of abilities, also got some pre-made characters done for gaelcon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Funky

thats lookin good...

ok i have another semi-update

the new test layout is ready and weve started to switch the content over

http://www.fortress.ie/r&d/40k/test/rules.php
    http://www.fortress.ie/r&d/40k/test/combat.php

and an example of how the new weapon layout will look

http://www.fortress.ie/r&d/40k/test/weapons/bolt/pistol.php

well i just got back from gaelcon and i can honestly say everyone who played the game of 40krpg today loved it(except cr8or because he got a dull sniper char :D )

we had a few pauses to talk about possible modifications to the rules, the one we came away totally happy with was making 'snap' shots dexterity based and 'snipe' shots perception based as perception is normally higher than dex and the sniper was missing waaay to many shots for it to be any fun.

i also finished up rules for grenades last night ill upload them as soon as they are done in the new layout :P

l8r

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

Dont forget about the sniper taking 2 shots pert turn instead of 1 (fire reload fire reload)

Himmmmm....
    I think that game went well.
    Jag's right about the Mods needed tho, but really thats why we played the game: to shake out some of the bugs.
    We've allso had some great Ideas about recoil an auto/semi-auto fire but more of that lator. :)

Some of you may have noticed that the 4okrolplay.com link isn't working atm I have been relieably informed that this is due to Fortress.ie hosting beeing down. Hopefully it will be back up by the end of the week and by then we should have enough done in the new format to put it up.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Veonix ... that isn't you by any chance moxy is it??

Anyone who wasn't at Gaelcon and so didn't play the 40K RPG game .. all I can say is you missed something FUN :D

I was a rather frail but potent eldar psyker girl (yes .. I had a facial hair problem although I had the hair .. hehe). I think I mentioned "fun" already? ;)

For example, I decide to go up against a purestrain GeneStealer with a LUDICROUSLY powerful force sword - *hack bang slash wallop* .... "OWWWWWWWWWWWW that hurt. Guys ??? wanna help me ?? I have a rather injured and OH-SO-PISSED-OFF Genestealer breathing in my face!"

hehehehee

Thanx lads!!! That was , dare I say it again?? FUN?!!!!!

• Advertisement

No I'm Edbanger.

veonix is my colabrator on this project.

And the Game you played was written by Moxie and his grilfriend I belive. Its not the same set of rules. though the setting is the same. If you had looked around you might have found us bete testing our version of the rulles in the main hall.

twz fun.

cya round.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by KevDaEdbanger
    If you had looked around you might have found us bete testing our version of the rulles in the main hall.

I was kinda kept busy all weekend running the w40k tournament and was very kindly given the time off to do the 40k RPG :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kilroy

I just got one question

Why the hell does warhammer cost so much?

[Don't post crap like that again... I have made your post much more friendly]

Kilroy how can you properly judge Kev when you have not even met him in real life?

What is he a nerd because he roleplays? guess what being a computer nerd is also pretty socially unacceptable and most people who post on boards would probably be classified as a computer nerd.

Warhammer costs so much because they realised that their product was an econimically elastic good ie. the increments that they raised their prices by was always outweighing the fall in demand due to the price hike. Which results in large profits and forther growth for the company.

Kilroy you are the stereotypical idiot, you post to message only to whine and bitch to make yourself seem more important, not to mention the stereotypical bad grammar and spelling associated with muppets like yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Kilroy

Hi, my name is Kilroy and I have this medical condition that causes me to belittle others in the hopes of making myself look better.

Please excuse any further outbursts as they will be dealt with by a moderator in due time and please do not reply to them as trolls are bad, m'kay.

moderated.jpg

Kilroy you said that you cannot stay huddled up to the computer at your home because its only a DC, well does that mean it was good enough you would stay huddled up to it.

You classed Kev as a nerd because he was making a role-playing game, well at least he is doing something consrtuctive and creative with his time unlike your pathetic bitching.

You dont realy care that i have judged you as a muppet well guess what i dont think Kev or myself or anyone on these boards will care that you have judged us as nerds either.

In case you cannot read ( which seems evident ) your point about warhammer is just a rehash of mine, yes it is a little piece of plastic that costs loads for people to go out and waste their money on, guess what so are trainers and clothes, how much does a pair of nike cost to make in oriental sweat shops $11, how much are they sold for $ 200 - 300 a pair !

hobbes you edited his post while i was writing mine poo !

Advertisement