Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what's the farthest...

• 12-10-2001 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

you have ever gone to see a gig. i won tickets/accom to see REM in cologne in May, i had to pay flights and everything else. Don't think i do it again, im not a MASSIVE fan of REM but at the time i had money, and the show was great, but i dunno.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

The furthest i've gone for a gig was galway, FM10-bore were wandering around dcu one day just giving people free tickets to the green energy gigs... saw ash and muse, muse ****ing rawked but ash suxed so we left early....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Brussels.
    Pumpkins announced last ever European tour dates without
    Dublin. Dublin was added two months later but i was takin no
    chances and got a friend in Belgium to buy them.
    Ryanair £5.
    Probably cheaper than your trip to Galway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭Bluehair

Boston.. for one night... Macy Gray have to admit was a cool concert, saw her here too

(ok,ok cheapo flights and accom but still distance was the question not cost ;) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

Kilkenny to see Bob Dylan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Glasgow to T in the park because weezer were supposed to be playing, but 3 days before it they pulled out. :mad:

was still a damn good weekend tho.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

London: to see the lost weekend with NIN,a perfect circle,machine head etc,but NIN cancelled and ash ended up headlining...baaaaaad.best weekend ever though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Roskilde - Denmark to see GNR who pulled out but got to see the most awesome display of musicianship, showmanship and stage effect/atmospherics ever when Tool played in front of 90,000 people , it was truly amazing as was the Roskilde festival over all. Copenhagan is also weel worth the trip...flights can be expensive but maybe they're cheaper in the current climate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 berny

i went to the czech and slovak republics to see the frames and mic christopher, and david kitt played a fair bit too.
    but there were eight or nine gigs so it was very much worth it.
    well even if there was only one it would have been worth it
    ah it was brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

reading
    four legged j!ve unit were playing;got my tickets DEAD early,then they pulled out..grrr
    shall have stiff words with them when i see em next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭binman

How often do bands seem to cancel their dates!!

I see loads here and my bro was at Tatoo the Planet last week to see Sepultura and they pulled out at the last minute. As did Pantera a couple of weeks before that.

I guess it has to happen

• Advertisement
Advertisement