Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I sue Eircom for the price of a new TV?

Options
  • 13-10-2001 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭

Because everytime I see that fuking rat on the television I end up wanting to put my foot through the screen in frustration and rage.

Earlier on this ad comes on with the rat putting on his swimming gear on a beach, picking up a surfboard and heading out to sea with the voiceover saying, "Use your mouse to surf the net from only 5p for 5 minutes, 6 for 6, 7 for 7....." My face went beetroot red watching this and I nearly threw the TV out the window!

What a shower of complete and utter ba$tards. If anyone from Eircom is reading this, read this next line very, very carefully:

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO ENCOURAGE INTERNET USAGE IN THIS COUNTRY, GIVE US 56 K FLAT-RATE ACCESS AND ADSL FUKING NOW! YOU BA$TARDS!

Rant over.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Perhaps we should set up a "Rants" forum eh? Just to keep them away from the main IOFFL one...

Thankfully, I abandoned TV months ago, but those banner ads on ireland.com still make me grind my teeth.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

I was sitting there with my girlfriend, that ad came on, and she laughed saying 'that's realy cute!'. Yes, I know, it took all of my strength not to explode and eat her alive for supporting eircom. But she's allowed, 'cos she hasn't a clue(and she would have killed me :)), but still, it just shows that most normal people havent a clue about the evil that is eircom......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

i dont know why everyone is so pissed, i remember this @use your mouse to surf,since eircom first started to push"
    and this whole 5p for 5 minutes thing has been on air for months now.

i say fair play, the more people they educate the better, we will just have to turn them to our cause

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Perhaps we should set up a "Rants" forum eh? Just to keep them away from the main IOFFL one...

dahamsta for moderator!

hur hur

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

The slightly annoying thing is that it's quite a clever piece of advertising - especially the one where the mouse goes to the post box to post the letter.

Just cast iron evidence of all the effort €ircom are putting into marketing rather than improving, innovating, developing, providing and so on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭P R O F A N I T Y

Has nobody put it together yet? The mouse is clearly a retard for trying to post a letter in a phone box.. therefore eircom are a bunch of retards, therefore go to hell eircom, you motherless spawns of hellfire, sent to torture out poor morals souls, damn you I say, damn you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

lol

:rolleyes:

Advertisement