Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

File sharing software ?

• 13-10-2001 3:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Which is the best for this kind of thing, I'm currently using winmx but would like something that has an auto resume.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

www.zeropaid.com

good reviews & specs of all the best p2p's

search the boards as well- this question is asked almost weekly:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

The donkey by a long long way...beats the pants over ANY of the competition.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bitch[LuDo]

Kazza is absolutely excellent too. Its got resume feature plus connects to multiple users to download faster. You can search for Mp3s, Software, Videos, Documents and Images. I use it all the time :D

Bitch[LuDo] :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 unsane

Originally posted by Bitch[LuDo]
    Kazza is absolutely excellent too.

Kazza is riddled with spyware, so unless you dont mind that sort of thing, I'd stay well away from it and audiogalaxy, both of them install a load of crap on your system.

Morpheus is pretty bomb, check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Bitch[LuDo]

Oh yeah ? How so? I hate audiogalaxy myself and i dont quite like morpheous as much as kazza. What kinda spyware? You know of any articles about it or anything?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Goink

heres a fair good article on it

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1005-200-6759036.html

spyware quere pisses me off. Get ad-aware and rid yourself of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Gnotella?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

unsane needed to check their facts before posting
    Kazza is riddled with spyware, so unless you dont mind that sort of thing, I'd stay well away from it and audiogalaxy, both of them install a load of crap on your system.

Morpheus is pretty bomb, check it out.

unsane i respectfully suggest you try this..

start/run/regedit
    /my Computer/HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS/CURRENTVERSION/RUN..

If you think morpheus is pretty bomb in comparison to kazzaa..then why is kazaa in your startup group?

Morpheus=Kazza and vice versa, music city just put a dfferent GUI on it.

Both still suck for big file downloading, for mp3's maybe ok, but everything else sucks(downloads become zero in size..and are sequential..which means everyone is downloading the same thing at once..preview is counter productive), is no wonder that there is a far far wider selection on the donkey.

But tbh, i'm glad a lot of ppl still use kazza/morpheus, as they are probably clueless leechers..on the donkey, everyone HAS to share(and if you limit your share speed you also limit your download speed..the system works), and so it should be.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

Originally posted by Hobbes
    Gnotella?

www.gnutella.wego.com
    umm LimeWire maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

get morpheus, its quite good.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭Jabba_the_SLUT

u cud try aimster at www.aimster.com . its great for mp3's. it always has what im looking for even the obscure stuff :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

Has anyone got any ideas on how I could use one of these programs behind a firewall/proxy?? I don't have a home Internet account so I have to use work, they use a proxy server with the port 80. I have tried HTTP Tunnelbut it doesn't work!!! I'm not to up on the oul proxy yokes!! :) so any advise would be welcome. If there's no way at least I can stop trying and maybe do some work ;)

Advertisement