Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Database/Webware, mmm read inside. :)

• 13-10-2001 6:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

i've just made a data base in works 4.5 or 1 or somethin. anyhew it looks well cool there and i like the desgidn i got for it. What i want to do tho is, have the same data base to be generated as a webpage, say in the form of a table, or something like that. Now mmmm is there any add on proggies to works that can do that, or anyother seprate programs intireally that will to it for webpages? Bearing in mind that the data will change and have to be put in order and stuff like that.

--10mins later :)--- okay been thinking a wee bit, the database will mostly used for a league table type thing. Sooooooo mmmm how to explain, just want it to sort out the postition of ppl, but there will be other info attached like address ph no.s n stuff. I say boards.ie has a members page thingy with everyone listed and sorted. as do 100's others, but eh, how ya do that,
    eDonkey (rough example of what i mean)

Cheers,
    Gideon.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,525 ✭✭✭JustHalf

See if you can export it as a CSV file... if so, you can use Perl to do some nice messing around with it.

It's a fairly open question you asked there btw. ;)

Advertisement