Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

David Odlum Leaves The Frames

• 13-10-2001 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

He's leaving the band after the end of their tour

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

excuse my ignorance, but which one is he? the bassist? if it is the bassist, that just sucks (as he's so cool and, y'know, a good bassist too).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭bugler

He's the guitarist. Which is bad.

Are you sure about this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Annie

see http://www.independentsounds.net/ for the full story...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

All he did was sit in the corner and look posh anyway. Hope they get the guitarist from LABEL in, he worked with them as a tech for a while I think...

One thinks this could be the start of the end for the Frames. If they don't get off their lazy arses and stop touring around Ireland then they're going to turn into The 4 Of Us, or something...

You're right, they should 'get up off their lazy arses' and play somewhere else - like the States, or better yet, Vienna!

...wait a minute!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

limp bizkit also lost a member during the week maybe they should swich that would be Interesting. or maybe get one of the lads from five well maybe not

All these stories that have been circulating lately about The Frames splitting up could prove to be true if the band don't get up off their collective arses and stop touring Ireland for a bit. I've said it already above but I'll say it again. (I've been drinking)

Not a month goes by without the band doing gigs here and they risk turning into something far worse The 4 Of Us (Lightning Strikes!) if they carry on like this. There's mates of mine in England that would kill to see a Frames UK tour and they were pissed off that dates were cancelled there a while back. As I was. So what do I see? Another spin around Ireland. Great.

The fanbase is here for sure, look at the folks on this board who regularly contribute in praise of the band and nail anyone who disses them, look at the sales, the goodwill, the Witnness appearance etc etc.. Why spoil it all by the risk of becoming overly familiar to the same gig goers in the same venues, month after month after month. The only thing that changes seems to be the ticket price.

Sure, they've had the occasional spin over to Prague or where ever but that's not exactly setting the world alight is it?

Dave O has already gone, I'm not surprised to say the truth. By remaining stubbornly rooted to an Irish fan base The Frames risk losing more than your guitarist... they risk losing their fans and the curious. "The Frames? Ah sure, I saw them a while ago..."

Ireland doesn't have what one would call a thriving music scene. There's only a few venues outside Dublin that one could constitute being "good" and these are the same ones the same bands return to with worrying regularity.

A different spin could be the age old arguement about what Irish bands do we see in the charts? OK, the Frames and Aslan have both pierced the Top 3 this year, and with great albums it has to be said. But what happens after that? Nothing, and our famous Irish exports (Corrs etc)take over Top 3 duties again as the good guys, like The Frames, carry on from Dublin to Galway to Cork to Limerick to Mullingar to Sligo to Dundalk to Dublin again.

Get out of Ireland lads, swallow your pride and take a support tour with someone, for your own sake. You've had it too good here recently and it reflects on ye staying put ambling away on an Irish path of about 10 decent gigs and the occasional festival slot. "For The Birds" is as good as anything I've heard from the UK or the US this year so go and tour with someone who released something weaker (yet more successful)from across the water, and blow the ****ers off the stage!

the B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

"All these stories that have been circulating lately about The Frames splitting up could prove to be true" - Gimp, you are a gimp the guitarist is leaving the band to become a producer but the band are staying together, noone ever said the Frames were splitting up.

Yes they did. I saw it on cluas.com and on the Frames discussion board on their own site - And don't call people names. It doesn't lend any cred to your 'non biased' webs(h)ite.

B

p.s How did you know I was an S&M fan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Monkey

well then prehaps you should have been a bit clearer: instead of writing "these" you might have written "those".

• Advertisement

but they haven't split up.

Advertisement