Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gmax

• 14-10-2001 1:44am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭

i am making a model atm in gmax i want to export it to quake 3....

is this possible? or do i need special file converters, to make my .gmax file into a 3d s max file?

or should i just use 3d s max to make the model?

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Not my department - Best ask in another forum - Seem's we're all clueless about it here mate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

Well you can use Pop'n'fresh to do this but Im not sure if its available for Gmax yet. No doubt it probably will. Run a search for "Pop'n'Fresh" plugin and you'll soon know.

Alternatively you can export aa an .ase and follow the instruction that id software provided regarding that file types conversion to .md3. the document i refer to is available at www.polycount.com. it is a more complicated way. This doc also conatins all the info for skin and animation.cfg files. also contains infor on tga alpha channel skins etc. I would dl the document even if using Pop'n'Fresh tbh.

The bip files (Character studio) for the standard set of aNIMATION IS ALSO AVAILABLE linked from polycount site which will save you the bother oif having to do the animations yourself.

anyway hopefully helpfull. give us a look at what you're working on. maybe i can help a bit or maybe you'd like to work on a project with us at some stage www.torcinteractive.com

Advertisement