Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Image Signatures

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

I like the image sigs, something interesting to look at, and in fairness most of em are very small and only take a second or 2 to get. Animated ones are terrible. Could have problems with epileptics.
    is 10KB too big for an image?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I don't mind animated sigs, or image sigs. What I mind is huge sigs. Huge as in a big picture. That just messes up the whole thread (oh yay here's a big picture several times: AtlantaSuburb). Or big in size (taken from an mpeg?), such as the one on the irelandoffline board. I think it was ando? 45k? Yah right.

I like Syxpak's one. It's small, it's neat, and it's not annoying. Same goes for most of them. Smaks one are a little bigger (not in size necessarily), but very amusing :)

I'm not using an image sig cos i still haven't found a small nice amusing neutral one. The day will come though. That or a nice little quote.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

If you find anyone breaking the rules please report them here or Pm me.
    Give their exact username and I'll zap their sig.

anything bigger then 60x120 or 15K is liable to get whacked.

DeV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

DeVore.. is there.. or could there be an option in user CP to not show a persons sig, like the ignore option?

Just checked, in edit options in user CP there is an option no to display sigs.. is that just your own sig or everyones sig?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

those size restrictions rule mine out then. :(

Originally posted by Saruman
    Just checked, in edit options in user CP there is an option no to display sigs.. is that just your own sig or everyones sig?

thats everyones sig.

Thanks smak,

Anyway then would it be possible to add the ability to not show certain peoples sig.. for those that either faind it offensive, too big on their slow connection to download or whatever...
    I dont care myself as i mostly use the boards in work and we have a sh!t fast connection here!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,817 ✭✭✭✭po0k

oldposts.jpg
    Got to this from a link in another forum.
    Apologies

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I doubt we're going to get time to hack the core code of VBB like that... its just too much work for too low a priority thing...

Report any abusive/overlylarge sigs to me.

Smak, your's are an exception, though I miss the link to the back issues :)

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Originally posted by DeVore
    Smak, your's are an exception, though I miss the link to the back issues :)

it'll be back soon. i just have to find some missing back issues. there around here somewhere.... /me looks under seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

/me puts on flak jacket :rolleyes:
    1. Please keep any and all signature images to a maximum size of:
    HEIGHT: 60 px
    WIDTH: 360 px
    SIZE: 15k or less

devorelogo.gif is 120 x 114 pixels :D

Advertisement