Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Last 20 posts question

• 14-10-2001 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

How hard would it be to be able to select which forums you want to see appear in the last 20 posts list? Depending on the way it's been done, it could be too difficult/time consuming.

Thoughts?

It would be useful, because I don't want to see any posts from the counterstrike boards, and er, a whole load of others. :)

On a similar note, I've tried loading the last20.php page directly, but it throws up an error. Can you set up a little page where only the last 20 table is displayed? Will do a few things: 1) Save your bandwidth (me reloading the main page every few minutes) 2) Save my bandwidth. Since we don't have broadband... (g'wan ioffl! heh)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭DS

Two excellent ideas there mate.
    Customizing the forums you see is almost too easy, it's just a case of appending this to the WHERE clause in the SQL query:
    AND forumid IN ( list, of, favourite, forums )
    So all we need is a little configuration form for us users, nothing too fancy.
    It could even be a case of just generating an URL i.e. I select all the forums I want to see, press submit, script generates a URL with the forumIDs i.e. last20.php?id=5,6,11,10,15,3 which I can bookmark (probably a bit too DYI-ish though :D )
    And then in last20.php you'd simply slap...
    AND forumid IN ( $id )
    ...onto the end of the query. Of course, that's the biggest security hole in web development history, but it just shows how easy it is to do :)

Advertisement