Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

startup.com

• 14-10-2001 11:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭

Ok Saturday afternoon,
    [Maybe a little wiped out after a busy week- so didn't bother to check listings]-

Just presumed startup.com was still showing @ the IFC having only started the previous friday- when to my disgust....

:eek:It had finished

In case anyone doesn't know anything about it, its a documnetary about a new dotcom venture by 2 guys in New York(I think). I read about it a few months back on ew.com and was a bit psyched to see it- but for whatever reason the IFC pulled it after a week:(

So Did anyone see it??
    Being it was pulled after a week it seems that not alot of ppl did but if anyone has heard or seen it or are equally upset - Let me know

Heres the link on IMDB....http://us.imdb.com/Title?0256408

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

It was shown at the Cork Film festival but I missed it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

To the best of my knowledge, the IFC don't drop films if they are doing badly. Most films just have a very short run from the beginning, most of them don't hang about so you really do have to keep your eye on the ball if there is something you want to see.

Having said that, i'd recommend you join as you will be sent their programme and this is great for reminding you of upcoming movies. As for the fate of Startup.com, try keeping a lookout in the Screen. Sometimes films that have ended in the IFC get transferred over to there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Yeh My mother and sister are members and they get that brochure in the post- I cant remember how long it said it was goin to stay for but it wasnt long enough:(

Advertisement