Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you help?

• 28-03-2000 5:33pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I need a vid card that can capture to an avi/mpeg/whatever file as it pumps the video to the screen.
    so, whatever is going on on the screen also gets captured to the harddisk.

Is there a vid card that can do this or a bit of software?

Tom.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭Fing

Dev, check out a prog call SnagIt at http://www.snagit.com/

It captures screenshots as well as 'whats going on on the screen' to avi's AFAI remember. Such a facility is unheard of as a
    feature of a VGA card (Go on, someone prove me wrong =P

BTW, There is also a prog called Camtasia at the above link that seems to do a more professional avi screen capture...

Fing

[This message has been edited by Fing (edited 28-03-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

hmmm might be a prob if you wanna capture stuff that's coming from the 3d end of things.

Like yer voodoo3/tnt2's switch over to the 3d proccessor when you go into Q3/UT/DVD's and bypass's the windows gui and possibly proggies like camtasia and that free thing Microsoft released (MS Camcorder I think).

If I'm right about the above then you could do it with two PC's. PC1 would be the output pc. PC2 the input PC. PC1 would need a tv out on the g/card (most do these days) and PC2 would have a tv in connector (the v3 3500 has this)

Then this would happen:

PC1 - signal outputted to tv out connector -> PC2 - recieved through tv in connector - recorded as if it was a tv signal.

Digital -> Analog -> Digital.

PC2 would have to be a bloody fast piece of h/w to encode so much data though.

However if you just want to video a mouse moving round a windows screen then ignore the above and comment of my lack of a life wink.gif

amp - who fixed an IBM PS/1 today

Lunacy Abounds! Play GLminesweeper!

Advertisement