Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A ''wakeup call'' for Ireland''s Internet Service Providers

Options
  • 15-10-2001 6:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

"Wakeup call" - You said it!

[EDIT:] Fixed URL - Bard.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

The comments that some people made are interesting too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

This is the PC live survey of ISP's a few months back isnt it !?

Its a damning idictment alright of the state of the internet in Ireland. The comments are brilliant though....
    Heres my response to...

Are you happy w/ your ISP?

I received the Infamous "Breaking the Spirit of the Service Letter" from Esat- Need I say any more??

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No wonder I get such good connection - Not 1 person there said they were using a unison dialup. I probably the only one or sumfink!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Had to post this comment: had to be boards.ie user or at the very least an IOFFL member:

When asked: 'Are there any other services which you would like your ISP to offer?', One individual writes;

270 Fellatio,marinara pizza,ssh login shell with use of c compiler, traceroute, ping, ftp, ssl,e-mail,usenet. ADSL, discount hardware supplies next day on the bill.*nix distributions. transport, groceries,work from home income opportunities. A working copy of the latest Ximian gnome installer for redhat 7.x...in fact no...the latest copy of ximian gnome on cd delivered to your door and updated once a quarter. Logs of all the packet sniffing they've done on their network and the names and addresses of individuals theyve sent copies to of anything interesting they may have come across. A statement ack*ing that the company has been built on the blood and sweat of uncle dinny since the 50's and that all they've given in return for that is a bloodsucking, leeching, drip drip drip poxy dial up service in terms of the ordinary man in the street. we want them to know that we know that they are burning us every opportunity that they get...and that one day theyre going to have to answer questions and payback the citizens of this state and their parents, and grandparents for the crimes that they have perpetrated against us. And there's more than eircon who owes the citizen of this state. the planning authority will have a lot to answer for one day too. the church...ah yes lets not forget the biggest association of beggars on the planet for the crimes & suffering they have perpetrated upon the citizens of this ancient land. Still, we wont be bitter and twisted, we'll just shrug our shoulders when it happens and a knowing look will light up our eyes, and we shall see that light in each others eyes. and we wont be able to contain our joy, for the pagan celt will at last be free agin within us to laugh and dance and leap and conjure a spell or 3 and worship a tree, or the simplicity of a mountain stream. And we shall be free to make love without the fetters and chains of a punishing "god" or the guilt and shame of a union made in bliss. a man and a woman, a celt an

LOL, ok hands up, who was it??

Advertisement