Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

This is Football 2002

Options
  • 15-10-2001 7:47pm

Anybody try this game yet.If you have played the origional and didnt like it dont write off this game .Graphics are not too bad.Player's look like real players but also has more leagues then fifa 2001 .Including 1st division leagues for some countries .Funny this is the inclusion of schoolboy teams ? ? The game play itself is not to bad although i find it a little slow compared to Fifa.The one thing i do like is the AI of Goal keepers.They are so much smarter then the keepers in fifa.But you can score some great goals from outside the box .Little features such as deflections ,handballs little tweaks in the tackeling make this the most realistic football game out on the PS2.Tough times ahead for it with fifa 2002 and pro evolution soccer coming out soon .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

can you do that sweet overhead through ball ala ISS pro evolution, cos if not....

Of course there are overheads,side kicks looks better then fifa 2001.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I am considering treating myself to this game too.

Has any1 else tried it, and what do you think of it?
    Is it going to be 12 of those games you clock in a couple of weeks and never pick up again?

It it 4 player enabled or just 2?

X

Never actually checked to see if it is 4 players yet.But if you are in dublin ,got to HMV in grafton street as you can play it there down stairs .This game has loads to keep you entertained loads of teams and leagues.Id say against friends it could be good fun too,you can play some great through balls in it .I decided to treat myself to this too and quite enjoyed it.It is the fist game i have played since i was a kid were i couldnt wait to get out of bed in the morning to play it .

i just popped down to hmv at lunchtime from college and have to say its a good game. i was paraguay and played against byron court(schoolboy team) and i lost :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

What about FIFA 2002... which is out on Nov 2nd...

it's looking pretty good with a huge amount of teams and enhanced features and shit...

Yeah im interested in trying out this new passing system they have introduced .

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Originally posted by Bard
    What about FIFA 2002... which is out on Nov 2nd...

it's looking pretty good with a huge amount of teams and enhanced features and shit...

I haven't bought a FIFA game since 98, maybe time for an upgrade :rolleyes:

Oh, and is **** no longer a bad word ? :)

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

I guess only Bard is allowed say "****" :P

yeah fifa 2002 might be good but im gonna get Pro Evolution Soccer/ISS Pro Evolution 3(Winning Eleven 5 in japan), which is out next month as well!

• Advertisement
Advertisement