Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mutant X

Options
  • 16-10-2001 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Seen an add during the weekend for Mutant X starting Wednesday - any1 heard anything about this ? (Good, bad or indifferent).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

From the ad, it pretty much looks like a blatant rip-off / cash-in on the success of the X-Men movie... just as "Relic Hunter" is with Tomb Raider.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Bard
    From the ad, it pretty much looks like a blatant rip-off / cash-in on the success of the X-Men movie... just as "Relic Hunter" is with Tomb Raider.
    If I remeber correctly it's been licenced from Marvel.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

More X-Men style action? I can hardly wait! *sic*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Well that blonde looked nice from the brief view I had - 'tis worth investigatin'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

I am a Sci-Fi Junky, I will prolly end up following the First Series (Unless it is as bad as Vampire High.. That just HURTS to watch, it's like a car crash, so horrible yet if you start watcing it you can't stop) and I have to say I am looking forward to it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wow!!!the intro was AMAZING..dark angel ...you are only one!!..geez..distracted..laterz

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,416 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

ad break..i luv the lex luther guy..damn hes good..

And the fight scene, the matrix on another leval..looking goooooddd

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

I came, I saw, I switched channel.
    It just did not click with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭R. Daneel Olivaw

I lasted 10 minutes, just after the first advert break.

Basically it seemed like a real X-Men rip-off, but without the likes of Gambit and Wolverine which made X-Men quite cool.

1. The Opening Scene
    Total Matrix rip-off. Way overboard on the bullet-time flo-mo stuff, which gets old really fast IMHO if every goddamn movie for the past 2 years has tried to do it seems.

2. Plot
    Straight X-Men take. The "lead" actress is basically like Rogue, being rescued and is naive compared to the other "Mutant X's". Of course, straight from X-Men as well is when she says "ooohoo, I don't have any powers, and am not a freak like you two" or something to that effect.

3.And it was just *there* I stopped watching. Enough. The guy character says "Freak?" and wanders off supposedly really angry, and of course the other female lead makes a threatening defensive expression with glowing eyes.

That was all I could take. Agents chasing the first female lead at the beginning.......it was all too Matrix but without the novelty. They might as well have not bothered making this series at all.

I remember renting what appeared to be a pilot for an X-Men style series around 6 years ago, called "Generation X". Basically the same stuff, sans bullet-time and excessive camera styling which the Matrix gave us.

The acting is truly aweful, very textbook characters, etc., . The whole mutant vs. normal thing is great in X-Men which was takling issues like racism, etc., at the time but this is 2001 for christ's sake. Who would say if two XMen style mutants kicked some ass would get all "ooooh, you two are freaks". This is a different decade/era and the reactions and plot should at least reflect that. Like I said, seen it all before done much better.

This is the equivalent of Westlife in a TV series.

It's a combo of the Matrix for style (excessive leather jacket usage by people who really really *really* look wussy regardless), XMen plot mixed with a little Dark Angel just to get some much needed foxy ladies :) . I won't start on Dark Angel, but this is the same genetic-engineering-gone-wrong/rebellion **** and Dark Angel wasn't very good to begin with.

And the green Matrix-code going up the screen at the intro is just too much; it's *just* like watching the "matrix numbers and letters stuff" on the LCD monitors in the movie (like "all I see is blonde, brunette, redhead....."). The people who made this should be beaten. Severely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

Unforunately R. Daneel Olivaw hit the Nail on the head.. I have to say I actually enjoyed all the cheesy Matrix Rip-offs but it doesn't bode well for the rest of the series. As I said earlier I will prolly follow the next few episodes, but things had better improve RAPIDLY

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

R. Daneel Olivaw

that Generation X thing was a pilot for series(which never happened) Generation X is another comic in the X-men universe. quite good actually but yes the show did blow goats for change.

j

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Mutant X? Bad. Very very bad... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭Ping Chow Chi

Lets hope it improves some in tonights ep

I thought that the fight at the end of the last wednesdays was one of the crapest TV fights that I have seen since captain Kirk's day :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Yeah the fight scenes were like some sort of jumpy cheap slow motion effect you can get from playing with your PC.
    I thought they were too slow and just drawn out.
    Still I like the blond and will be viewing her.....the show again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Worst waste of a good idea ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭^pt^

Personally I've seen the first two episodes so far and I *gasp* like it

The first thing I noticed was that it's an X-men/Matrix rip-off, but that's partly what I like about it.

I want to see matrix style fighting and X-men style powers, and I don't want to have to watch the Matrix or X-men just to see that.

It mightn't be very original, but I say it's entertaining, and that's what TV is all about right?

Advertisement