Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

voodoo3 2000 probs

• 24-03-2000 10:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭

I got a new voodoo3 2000 pci about 2 weeks ago, it's being working alrite till now, well nearly, the screen kept resizing every time i opened or closed a window etc.

Anyways my real problem is that yesterday when i turned on my pc the screen was all garbled, and when it was in windows the mouse kept leaveing trails behind it and after 10 - 60 secs the computer would crash.

I've tried reinstalling different versions of drivers and moving the card into another pci slot, but noluck. Can anyone help?, i'm using the inbuilt card that came with my computer at the moment frown.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

I use a V3 ... for my vid card, 3dfx .. everything, remove the card in same mode ..
    delete the inf for the c:\windows\inf dir. and reinstall the card .... also DIrect x install wouldn't go amis either.

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Yep tried all that but none of it worked, so i've just had it replaced and it's working fine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭Gerry

Yeah but if you had bought it from maplin it would have worked first time

What is maplin or who is maplin??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭davoc

i had similar problems vincent. but i just sent the card back as it came in an assembled pc and the suppliers wouldnt send out the pc with a graphics adapter. instead i just took out the card (as soon as i bought a riva tnt2 from a separate supplier)
    and sent it bak to them.
    im not much of a help really but its probably ure drivers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

Vincent,
    recall the sunday morning you bought the card you paid a visit to a store on Jervis st, next to they Smyths superstore? That shop was owned by a russian relative of Joe Stalin, called Comrade Joe Maplin.
    He sells electronics around the world now and tries to fund third world communist parties. Still, he provides a fairly excellent all round service. You talked to me, Maplin Comrade Kevin (aZ769- A1) that morning and I told you that for the £3 morer than Dixons, we would provide you with the kind of knowledge and friendliness the lechourous Dixon Group could never give. You ignored us at your peril and now, now you insult the great Comrade Joe Maplin by claiming ignorance.
    I'm sure even Rory will join with me when I chant,
    "Shame, SHAME ON THY!"

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

change your wallpaper.
    im serious. i had it at one stahe and everytime i booted up it kept freezing and stuff.
    just change the wallpaper to the default, in fact, if you are using any theme, change it back to the default and that should clear up nicely

I've been using a default wallpaper for couple of months no, and i got rid of all themes a few months ago aswell, pity i liked my mariah carey wallpaper smile.gif

Joe maplin? never met the commi bastid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

digging a bigger hole for when the rebellion finally comes...

We are superfriends
    Super friends are we

Advertisement