Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager 01-02

Options
  • 16-10-2001 3:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

New Champ Man is out there, got my free copy on friday!

Well impressed.

Last time we looked lots and lots of boards people played this mother of all sports games! Who else still plays?

As far as Im aware, there is a network game feature, if it works at all a few of us must give it a spin in DNC or Nethouse

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Just in case you were wondering heres what SI say about multi-player games...

"To Host a Network Game:
    Go to Network Play and choose Start New Network Game, fill in the name for the game and click on next, then do all the normal stuff as in one player games (ie. selecting the leagues etc), the game will start to load. When all is done you can enter your name and choose your club. Proceed as usual, after that you'll get a status screen, on there is displayed your IP address (as example: 195.144.12.109, your IP address will be like this - just different numbers), write this down. To get others to join your game you will need to give them that IP address you just wrote down.

To Join a Network Game:

To join a network game, first of all you need the IP address from the person that is hosting that game. Notify the host of your wish to join his/her game and get their approval, don't join a game without the permission of the host! Once you've gotten the IP address go to Network Play, select Join Network Game, fill in the IP address and click on next. The next steps are the same as ussual. If you get a message that you couldn't join the game, then most likely the host isn't ready yet (try again a few minutes later) or that the IP address you've been given is incorrect (contact the host to double check the address)"

Lets get it on!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭jaarius

i thought the last one sucked and i havnt played it in about 9 months.

CM2 still kicks that @$$ but i will give the new one a try when the funds get happy again. what is it like. has it changed much?

j

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

aye, its a good game. i played against ManU(im Liverpool) in the FA cup 4th round there on Sunday and, Keane and Gerrard got into a bit of a scrap and then Keane ended up punching the ref and now he has a global ban of 9months!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Yeah, CM is absolutely the best game ever... its the only way i get to see boro actually win something :-)

I played the demo of the new one and had an outstandingly crap half a season, just got my appetite whetted tho.

CM - more addictive than crack!

Yeah i have got hooked into it in the last couple of weeks as i have been doing really well in it.I have started in the 3rd Div with Carlisle .In my first season i made it to the Qtr Final of the league cup after beating 2 premiership teams away from home .I now have them in the first Div just missed out on the premiership last season after being beaten in the playoffs :( .Just as i get into it the new one comes out.Wouldnt mind playing it on a network though,i wonder what its like .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Wasnt there a network option in 00-01?

I still play CM99-00. Haven't really seen the need to get a newer version. Most of the changes have been minor, to my knowledge.

I love managing Celtic, I can usually do the domestic treble first yesr, but getting players to join u that r good enough to win the champions league is hard. I won the uefa cup though, and made it to the last 4 of the champions league.

Oh yeah, and Rangers are in the 1st division!

I dont use any scouting or game editing programmes. I think the game is very playable as is.
    Do you use editors or scouting games? Why?

X

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

.Wouldnt mind playing it on a network though,i wonder what its like .

Hmmm.. I wonder....

*cue CM 01\02 dream sequence complete with dwarfs, fairies, John Motson and some fake plastic trees*
    :D

But seriously I bought it yesterday, stocked up on beer, snacks and wet wipes and told all my friends not to call me until after Christmas.

=Championship Manager - more addictive than w4nking=

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Installed it a couple days ago - soon Newcastle United will be covered in glory!!!!! Tried to buy Sander Westerveld off Liverpool as soon as the game started and they let me have him, no fuss - wonder why? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It sounds about as much fun as playing with microsoft excel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭Kairo

Originally posted by Stephen
    It sounds about as much fun as playing with microsoft excel.

Ya, but with Mcrosoft Excel you got that cute little Clip thingy. :p

• Advertisement

I have this midfielder on my team who gets man of the match evertime he plays.Problem is his fitness after every couple of matches he is tired and has to rest for 2 games !! I have him training on fitness but it is not doing any good.He is only 25 and is doing my head in as i need him on the team.Anybody else have this problem ?
    We should have a championship manager board !

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Guy Incognito

The new CM is basically the same as the last one, so I'll be sticking with 00/01 for now. The only real difference being the new transfer system. The old way lets me earn lots o' cash on Bosman transfers. :D

I don't think there should be a CM board.
    The boards on thedugout.net are just full of people boasting about their unbeaten runs, cup wins, longest amount of time spend on one worksheet, sorry, game. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

My fellow CM fans...
    where the fúck where yee when our CM was been beaten like a dog on "What games should be thrown in the sea....."
    ffs...i was there gettin abuse left rite and centre.

Oh, CM is liek a bad spreadsheet

Yipee...my spreadsheet sez celtic beat rangers...

and Stephen was there too..given me abuse for calling a prat a "sad little man" cos he was badmouthing CM.

The reason for that is everybody has an opinion and CM is not a game for everybody.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

this last one is the fastest selling pc game of all time, selling over 100k units in its first weekend on release

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭Chucky

hey its my first post!...EVER!

anyway....obviously im a huge CM fan, but who finds it absolutely impossible to bring crap teams like, Leigh RMI, or Sutton UTD, up to the prem division!.......(god damn! I cant even bring them up to the third!)

:confused:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

CM is the business, I have been playin since 1993, with the version that u need a word out of the user manual to get the game unlocked.

There is really very small tweaks in the last 2 releases, the NW version has been there since 00/01

not too sure if we need a forum on it though, I am obsessed with it (not better than sex though!!) :O

If u like soccer then u will be hooked on this game

I am currently 18 years in charge of Roma in Italy, gets tough when the know players retire, it makes it harder to get good players,

Even my mate who plays with UCD is in it, very comprehensive records

long live CM

Anyone know of a good, cheap, and prefereably young keeper that doesn't cost a fortune? Shay Given is a bit pants really, and the backups at Newcastle are also fairly bad. Must stop leaking goals.....

I buy brad fridell from Liverpool for about 1.1 mil and lasts about 10 years.Try Miller from Blackburn ,you can him for about 500 grand and he lasts about 8 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ObLiViOn

£92 Million After buying Zidane Whats the story there Last year they only just mad back what the paid for Figo and after spending £100 Million in 1 Year FFS whats da story there

-O-

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 ObLiViOn

Other dan all dat Sh!t it aint a bad game mater.

Currently managing River Plate Kicked as In Da first Season We Will c about da seconnd

you could try and pinch kirkland from liverpool, castor, as they already have 2 decent keepers in dudek and westerveld.

and if anyone is looking for a decent central defender, try for taribo west who is just as good as cannavaro/nesta/montero but will only cost you a 1/3 of the normal going rate for a defender of that class

another good player is Agahowha of sunderland and can play anywhere in midfield or up front, he gets very good in the first season and he should have a min. fee release clause

now can anyone recommend me a very young, attainable right fullback with high tackling, pace, positioning, dribbling stats???

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

keepers

Frey
    Rab Douglas
    Roy Carrol

Defs
    Walter Samuel
    Chivu - Agax

Mids - mads jorgensen
    kim kallstrom
    antonen
    aimar
    djordic

forwards
    Kostantiniou
    Saviola
    Rudd v nistleroy
    claudio
    totti
    agostinio

I have Kallstrom, he started well but hasn't been up to much lately, one for the future I suppose. If you want a good central defender try Ibrahim Said, starts at a club called Al Ahly (?sp?), but has tackling 20 and loads of other good stats, gets constant 8's in league games.

In fact check out the Egyptian national team as there's a few good and cheap players in there :) For a forward try Mantorras, he's a bit of a goal machine although he will cost about 15 million.

I can't afford him as the scabby Newcastle board will only put up 3 mil for transfers at the moment. I have Newcastle in a solid 10th in the Premiership in my first season which I reckon isn't bad - getting creamed by Man U etc. of course but nothing I try helps against that.

Tottenham are in 4th somehow, that's the most unrealistic thing I've noticed so far about the game :)

nice list yop but the majority of your players are pretty much unattainable for the first 5 few years and way out of the league of castor's newcastle team and my lowly fulham team

River Plate is always a good club to poach players from and their best young player at the moment is a goalkeeper called Costanzo or Contanso or sumthink(hes valued about 1.5mil) and i think in 5yrs time he could be worth at least 15mil

is Chivu a right back, dammit, i need a good right fullback, wing back?

and why the hell will Manu not just lay down and die? i go into the game planning on crowding out there midfield and dropping long balls in behind the defence but giggs stills goes and scores 2 in the dying minutes to overturn my 1-0 lead :mad:

Chiviu is a left or central defender, I sold him to barc for 50 mill.. nice we profit.

right back.....I think there is a guy called ashton.
    mark smith is another
    alberestein
    nylund - swede

have to tride www.sigames.com for players??

chivu? 50million? *raises eyebrow * are you sure?

Advertisement