Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

b0rked vishnu connects

• 31-03-2000 9:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭

What do you do if your 56k modem only has one line input, you only have one line, your puter is upstairs, you run a 50ft extention to your comp from downstairs, your modem won't work unless there's a phone plugged into a splitter plugged into the modem, you stick a splitter in your modem with the extention line going in one socket and a phone going in the other, you get buzzing on the line and 999 connects to vishnu with eircom net? cos it's after happening... > frown.gif

Any suggestions on how to get the f*$!in' modem to work without a phone having to be plugged into it (i presume the splitter is causing the noise)?

Ta.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Why'd you need a splitter and phone combo on your modem?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Also, the fact that there's fifty feet of cable between your modem and your phone line won't help things much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭OSiriS

not really I had 200 ft of cable connecting my modem to the main line, and never had any problem getting solid 120 pings to irish servers, and I was using a splitter to plug the phone into the line as well.

www.csn.ul.ie/~osiris

[This message has been edited by OSiriS (edited 01-04-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Same here, I'm using a 50ft phone line right up the stairs much like Sico there.
    And you've seen how low my pings are! smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Not my modem, it's a friend's - the modem won't dial unless there's a phone coneected directly to the modem fer some b45tard reason (have to use a splitter cos there's only 1 socket on the modem)

Also, i use a 30ft extension meself, can get bout 180ms on a 33.6k to vishnu

It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

clanludo

• Advertisement
Advertisement