Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Building 1st PC. Am I forgetting anything?

• 16-10-2001 10:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭

Ive got:

Abit kt7a mobo
    Duron 900mhz + TaiSol CEK733092 CPU Cooler
    RAM
    Vid Card

Already have PSU, Hard Drive, Case, Monitor etc

Am I forgetting anything? Like, if I install that stuff above and turn the power on is it gonna explode or something?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Chubby

eeer, floppy/cdrom/dvdrom plus bootdisk/bootcd? soundcard? mouse + keyboard??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Yep, yep, yep, yep and yep.

That all came under the "etc" part :)

So, will it work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Gerry

Read the manual that comes with the kt7a, its extremely good. Mount the motherboard properly, using the correct amount of standoff's. Install the cpu and cooler before installing the motherboard. Take the power supply out of the case if necessary to make installation easier. You should be ok from there. Apart from blowing up, to make sure your pc boots, take a good while to look at the connections for the front panel connectors, this is a common problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

So it wont explode.

Advertisement