Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I wanna buy a dreamcast....

Options
  • 16-10-2001 11:10pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭

I gots me £100, and I wanna buy a dreamcast, does anyone know any good deals in Dublin????

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

They're fairly hard to find now-a-days, I'd highly recommend looking in the b&s if you're not fussy - there's some great deals

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 2,968 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoGiE

Why don't you keep your £100 add another £100 between now and december and buy a PS2 that will be selling for £199;)
    Don't waste your cash on that dead horse:D

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

In game for £100 you can get a Dreamcast, Joypad, Keyboard, Quake3, a football game and some other game that I can't remember.

Okay, you can't choose the game but thats great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

Go to the B&S, if you're lucky you'll get one with a few games, a second joypad and a memory card for £100. But don't bet on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

HMV have a DC pack for £120.
    DC, controller, memory thingy, 3 games (MSR, Jet Set Radio and Virtua Fighter 3).

• Advertisement

Bargain-me-do, you won't find much cheaper in the B&S sonny.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Get the HMV DC pack - great quality , i might be able to sell some DC games aswell , as i said in some other post but then forgot about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by LoGiE
    Why don't you keep your £100 add another £100 between now and december and buy a PS2 that will be selling for £199;)
    Don't waste your cash on that dead horse:D

Obviously some1 with no computer knowledge at all :confused:
    Cos if you have played the dream cast (which i doubt) you wouldnt be calling it dead and crap.
    Some newbies really annoy me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Yeah, who would want to play that tired old crap Chu Chu Rocket, Shenmue, MSR, RE:CV, Crazy Taxi, Soul Calibur, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, etc etc

You want a nice shiny PS2, on which you can play such timeless classics such as....

er...

hmm... a little help here?...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

lol true sico :)

• Advertisement

so very true , i own both , Dc rules

You're forgetting that the PS2 can play DVD's at bad VHS standard, upping the price ridiciulously and apparently that makes it very cool to own one so all the fools who did buy one on launch feel secure in their own little way.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

In fairness, the Playstation 2 makes quite an attractive purchase now. Its selling for a sensible price, has some cracking games coming up to Christmas and in the new year and it has DVD player (no, its not the best, but it is noticeably better than VHS).

It depends on wheter or not you're planning on buying a GameCube or X-Box next year as well though. If you are, a Dreamcast has more than enough games to last you until next christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

Go Dreamcast! Although I never played it.................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i bought a dreamcast in hmv on monday. best thing i've purchased in ages. get in there quick before they're all gone.

where's good for 2nd hand games? or cheapest for new ones? EB and Game appear to have hardly any left and i *need* to pick up virtua tennis

I have been looking for Virtua Tennis (new or second hand) for months now just cant find it anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

When I bought Silent Scope for my DC in Electronics Boutique, I opened the box and saw a Virtua Tennis disc. Freaked off, I started playing Virtua Tennis, got to really enjoy it, and wasn't too bothered about returning it. When I opened the other side of the box, there was my Silent Scope disc!
    Wahay!
    Oh, and I think HMV have a couple of copies of Virtua Tennis.
    Also - Peats did a deal (I dunno if they've stopped). Two Dreamcast games for £20 - only a choice of a few though (Virtua Fighter 3tb, Sonic Adventure, Sega Rally and Incoming are the only ones I can remember). They were also selling Memory cards at £5 a pop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭the_corpo

i thought they stopped doing games *years* ago. certainly not seen a section there for a long time....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭jes

theres a couple of secondhand game shops down Talbot street that have DCs for sale and loads of secondhand games.

I know its not as good as dvd, but you can buy a disk to play vcds on your dreamcast which is pretty cool considering how much cheaper vcds are to dvds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Originally posted by MarkMI6
    You're forgetting that the PS2 can play DVD's at bad VHS standard, upping the price ridiciulously and apparently that makes it very cool to own one so all the fools who did buy one on launch feel secure in their own little way.

Especially as it's now £70 cheaper than when they bought it. Ah people that buy into hype, you just gotta laugh :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by the_corpo
    i thought they stopped doing games *years* ago. certainly not seen a section there for a long time....
    Yeah, so did I.
    I was just in there during the summer, happened to glance in the display case at the bottom of the stairs, and there was everything I described above. Like I said, I don't know if they're still doing this deal.

Yeah, the other good places you should check out for cheap DC games are.. that place under the bridge on Talbot Street.. games zone? Also, Smyths toy shop had Tomb Raider Chronicles for £20 after the movie came out. Oh, and don't forget http://www.bleem.com. I can't wait for my MGS cd to arrive.

[edited cos I'm a tard]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭superfly

theres also a 2nd hand game shop on Liffey st opposite the halfpenny bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

ill sell yas sum games im finished with if you want tham
    marvel vs campcom 2
    shenmue
    resident evil code veronica

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭jes

how much for shenmue?

i'm interested

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 729 ✭✭✭popinfresh

Well, I got the "Game" deal, (dreamcast, MSR, Virtual fighter 3th, Jetset radio, chu-chu rocket, keyboard, memory-card) for £130. I suppose I could have got a better deal in town, but I don wanna be carrying a Dreamcast back on the bus :),
    Rastsa, how much ye sellin Shemnue 4??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Rasta, I am willing to buy both
    marvel vs capcom 2 and Shenmue

i am seriously willing to buy these off you

how bout 40 quid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yea jimi ill sell tham for 40 np,there just sitting there collecting dust anyway
    e-mail me at rasta@oceanfree.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

Go to Smiths Toy Store and you know the Software Zone? They are selling two DC games for £15, well they were a few weeks ago, on Jervis Street. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Firefox

If I can't get a Dreamcast Game that I want in the Shops I allways go to www.amazon.co.uk for it and their doing some good deals atm.

That said, they recently shagged up an order on me lately.;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement