Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web Page Builders

• 28-03-2000 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    I was wonderin' if there were any decent Web Page builders/authors (whatever) that i can get my hands on for free instead of forking out heap-loads on things like MS FrontPage.

And yes i know i'm cheap, but i am a college student, i need my money for books and stuff.......... wink.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭Gamblor

Try Hotdog .... just do a search on the net for it ... it's share ware or u get a demo at least !!

***** Feel my Evil Neon Claws *****

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Try Coffecup its a nice one to use as well.

I think the url is www.coffeecup.com .

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

for a wysiwyg editor nothing beats dreamweaver

Warez is bad kids

[This message has been edited by Regi (edited 30-03-2000).]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

^---- I just want to point out the dangers of posting stuff like above when people who work for said companies may be reading this site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

dw gives u a 30 day trial, no need to crack it unless u truly are evil.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Hobbes I'd hardly think they'd give a cr@p, they'd probably be thrilled with the free publicity if they even cared in the slightest.
    Unless W@rEz came into play which so far they havent.

I wholeheartedly endorse all of the products mentioned above. smile.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Santa, Regi removed the warez link.

As for they care? Email the company and ask them. Considering I can't even get the products free and I work for them (kind of) I doubt they are going to let anyone who asks have it for free. smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hobbes (edited 30-03-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah c'mon all companies like it when ppl war3z their stuff. tongue.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got full-version Dreamweaver 3 and Front-Page 98 at wok, so I don't care :P

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭madyoke

I never endorsed cracking software

that astalavista page is totally legit !

it only links to cracks, and im only linking to a page that links to cracks, which is allowd, innit ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Dreamweaver 3 all the way (some really nice features like the undo history)

the only thing I dont like about it is the way it generates/manages tables, one of the few areas where FP2000 betters it.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

True. I was doing some work on our company site and it's all one big messy nested table thingy and it makes my head hurt when I try to do stuff (site was created in Dreamweaver so I gotta use that)!

I used FP2000 in my last job and it was really impressive. I haven't seen it buzzin' around here yet, but Micro$uck are only down the road - I might go down and ask nicely for a copy to "evaluate" smile.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    http://homepage.eircom.net/~davitt

Advertisement