Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weird one ??

• 17-10-2001 3:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

Hi

Has anyone heard of a DVD RF Transceiver made by Vtech (thats what it says on the box anyway :) i bought one myself about 3 weeks ago pretty cool idea no cables ect ect one major problem when i put the first one in it worked just fine with displaying everything thats on my monitor to me 28" TV including game (res had to be dropped though) but when i came to play a DVD it killed either the card inside my machine or the receiver on top of my TV i got a replacement but as you can understand im abit weary of trying the one DVD i used before :(.To confuse matters even more i tried playing the same DVD out on to my TV using a GF2 MX card and a different DVD player prog the player came back with a message along the lines of the DVD is protected and the player was unable to turn off tv out so it aborted.Now im thinking that this macrovision sh!t has disable TVout on my old transceiver.Also ive looked all over the net for info on this thing and cant find any and the manaul is useless.So anyone got any ideas if this is the case or do you know where there is any info on this thing before i have to send this one back as well :)

Stone :D
    thx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

grab a new cracked firmware for your drive
    to disable region coding - you should do this
    anyway so as you can play american dvd's
    but it might solve your macrovision problem
    too if the firmware author did it right :-)

get firmware here http://dvd.box.sk/indexN.php3?pid=firm
    (if your drive is not listed search for firmware on google)
    www.google.com

Advertisement