Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piss and moan time.

• 17-10-2001 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭

after hearing damien rice new single, blowers daughter on phantom i went to road records to purchase said disc, road had sold out {not there fault at all a popular cd apparently} so in my innocence i said i'd try hmv, after strugling my way past the stands of kylie cds i couldn't find it anywhere, now they sell the devlins, the c.u.n.t.i.n.g revs, i bought god show me magic by sfa there back in the day and biz's first single they were unsigned, so still thinking i had a chance i went to the counter where i asked if they had the single, where i was meet with; {bleeden} who? never heard of that; can you spell that [RICE for **** sake]. after checking his data base i was told it doesn't exist its not on the computer so i cant order it! thing is they had bell x 1 and juniper albums upstairs but by this point i was to angry to tell him

is it to much to ask for someone with intellegence to work in this shop, for a leading music retailer to stock at least one copy,
    has this happened to anyone else?
    can you recammend other places that sell "alternative" music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭mixer007

Bandit, this is a regular accurance in the likes of HMV and Virgin. It's disgraceful how the likes of Kylie, Williams, Popstars (whatever their name is... who cares), can sell so many UNITS (as this is all they are), and the likes of a true Irish talent can't sell his single in the 2 biggest Record shops in Ireland. Mind you, they are English so this might have something to do with it. Although I wonder can you buy it in Irelands biggest retailer, Golden Discs. It's no wonder the charts are full of crap when you see the hype the pile behind this rubbish and when one of the best singles out this year isn't even been sold at these so called MUSIC shops. I hate HMV and Virgin, and kind of hate Golden Discs, although GD's sometimes has some good Irish stuff. Sometimes. Anyway, now I'm really pissed off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Annie

damn I wanted to get that too and I checked HMV etc (I didn't really think they'd have it but I tried anyway....), and road was my last hope!

the worst thing is, I had the single, but gave it to a friend for her birthday, assuming I could buy myself another copy! DAMN it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I know how you feel as you may know from my constant posts ive been trying to get mundy album for ages and no luck i think that someone should set up an Irish online shop for decent music stocking all the up and coming irish artists an because it would be an irish site there would be no bloddy horendus trasport costs( I think its amazon that has delivery charge to ireland double the price of italy(could be some other site) and their based in england) And Irish artist are ignored by the media and general public for the same reason the League of Ireland is life sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭horsekick

Well if you live in Raheny/Donaghmede area (and this goes out to anyone) golden discs in Donaghmede do their best to stock up on irish artists. Myself and Antisocial like to try and support the scene. So if your out that way chances are we could have a few bits in. We have a few of the Damien Rice single. And anything we dont have we would be more then happy to order. Maybe even a small discount for phantom posters who order stuff.
    Just lettin you know if your stuck for something thats all.:D

Oh and there are plenty of copies of the Otranome demo aswell!!!!! Free of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 i am god....no seriously

to get the fantastice mr rices little single from hmv on grafton street!....you go downstairs, and over to the right where you find under "R".......hehehehehe.....iver been listening to it now for oh...bout 3 days straight!......yippee......so if it means that much to you,....as much as you may dislike the hmv staff.....you might just have to stomach that sickning feeling and yes.....ask....ask one of them!......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

:rolleyes:
    Hmmm I was in Donaghmede shopping centre a while ago.. I live near but never go there..and I couldn't find Golden Discs!!!!!! I walked all over the place and couldn't see it anywhere.....is there a secret wall panel or something?!?! Help me out here- i'm directionally challenged obviously!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

I too found in the past that HMV and virgin crew
    have f eck all music knowledge....or at least you'd
    expect them to know more for their job. As for
    Damien Rice, Golden Discs Liffey Valley have a couple
    of copies and will most likely always have stock of
    himself and bellx as they're local lads.

And where did this Juniper album come from that u
    say HMV had???

Advertisement