Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "Wireless" Tidal Wave... everywhere but here :(

Options
  • 17-10-2001 7:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I picked up this little snippit during my usual daily news scan, and thought it might be of interest:-

"Wireless Internet usage is on the rise. According to IDC, the number of wireless subscribers in the United States will increase at a whopping compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 73 percent, from approximately 5 million in 2000 to more than 84 million in 2005. While consumer and business users both make up roughly equal pieces of the wireless Internet user base, business usage is expected to be higher in the near future. "

c0y0te

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Matfinn

Lo all,
    I bet you all know what the content of this post is ;). Coyote, have a look at ( wait for it!! ), http://www.irishwan.org

I just had to reply:)

Gluck

Matfin

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Matfinn

I just had to reply:)

Getting close to spamming, methinks.
    (mental note to self: never mention the word "wireless" on boards again)

Please dont accuse me of being anything near to a spammer. I am not posting about the WAN to make any money. Im not trying to sell something here like new shampoo or bank loans. All I want to do is my bit to get people some decent internet access, because it seems like no other company is interested at all in giving that to us. Do you not like the idea of a freenet??

Thanks

Matt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Heh, guilty conscience Matt? :)

adam

thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

Matfinn,

I've seen the irishwan stuff, thanks.

I was just posting this as an 'of interest' article, even allowing for the fact that you guys are trying to get a wireless solution off the ground on your own. It is essentially more ammunication on the growth of wireless 'everywhere but here' - if you get my drift.

c0y0te

Advertisement