Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soundblaster Live 5.1!!!! Im stumped!

• 17-10-2001 8:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭

This card is driving me insane I cant get it to work! When I do a Full install everytime the computer starts it hangs until I press Ctrl, Alt & Delete and End CTAVSTUB! And when I install only the Drivers when I try and use something theres no sound (e.g an .avi movie it says No Media Hardware or something like that!)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,463 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

start/run/regedit

hp local machine/software/microsoft/windows/current version/run

delete every thing to do with creative...

Should fix it, wont affect sound

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

A wee bit more ominously I remember the exact same thing happening after my CPU Heat sink fell off onto my Live card. Bhi se Toasted.

Ps.
    Irishman: Who cares, either way it's still waiting to be poured...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Son of Blam

What operating system are you using?

I have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 and it runs fine on Win98, but when I tried to install it on Win2k (with the old drivers that came with it, which was stupid) it didn't install properly.

When I downloaded the new Win2k drivers from the Creative website I still had problems with it under Win2k, not exactly sure why.

But anyhoo' I'm back to using Win98 (the OS of kings).

-Son of Blam

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

The Creative installer is an embarassing example of how not to bundle. Uninstall everything, and reinstall just the drivers and the core Creative software (AudioHQ?). That's all you need.

adam

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Originally posted by Son of Blam
    What operating system are you using?

I have a Soundblaster Live 5.1 and it runs fine on Win98, but when I tried to install it on Win2k (with the old drivers that came with it, which was stupid) it didn't install properly.

When I downloaded the new Win2k drivers from the Creative website I still had problems with it under Win2k, not exactly sure why.

But anyhoo' I'm back to using Win98 (the OS of kings).

-Son of Blam

I've got a Live! 5.1 and it's perfect on Win 2K - never had a squig out f it. Strange (or is that typical)...

Anyway DaSilva, do as Longfield says and your sailing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Good luck with it :)

Advertisement