Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anthrax Threat

Options
  • 17-10-2001 10:52pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭

A receptionist in my school opened an envelope full of white powder this morning. Fire engines, police cars, police motorbikes, ambulances, men in protective suits with oxygen tanks and masks, some army trucks and soldiers with guns, and the Bomb Squad arrived at my school and we weren't allowed to leave for ages. I think it was cleared since they let us all go after nearly three hours without testing anyone. Anyone see that on the news?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭alaskagirl

i havent seen anything but where do you live? i will look for the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Cait

i heard something like that happened in the Derry City Council offices.....
    it's kinda scary

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

TCD apparrently had a Biiig panic, my dad works there and it made his day hell, so it must have been big

+
    Gandalf
    +

PS: Anyone hear that anthrax (the band) are renaming themselves because of the current panic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭insanebadgergirljess

yeah,i heard about that,St.Andrews right?
    apparently if you are involved in an anthrax hoax and are caught you can be jailed for 35 years.just a bit of useless info/cautionary tale for you all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nlb

well, if u just send an envelpe and no note they cant do anything, i dont think they made it illegal to post flour..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Man U babe

One of the guys in my applied maths class put flour on the desk yesterday to try and get us off our evil test. It didnt work.
    Dagnabbit.:(

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

lol
    good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭nlb

this is sneaky, insensitive and quite unnecessary, but if u had an improtant game against a school, u could post some folur to the school, set to arrive that morning of the game and the people wouldn't be alowed to leave the school, therefore forefeiting.

i wouldn't advise it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭SOL

OJ, are you a ctyier?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

He isnt.

A

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

PS: Anyone hear that anthrax (the band) are renaming themselves because of the current panic?

Hey Gandalf, if you think that's bad luck, what about the band called "I am the World Trade Center"!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

And the band that has an album with the slip cover showing the towers on fire and collapsing that was released a couple of days before the attacks

Advertisement