Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsgroups

Options
  • 17-10-2001 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭

if i have a news group address, say alt.satellite.tv.binaries, how do i set this up in OE?
    i keep getting server not found if i use that as the server address, is that wrong..:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

That's the name of the actual newsgroup, you need a news server. If you're with eircom, it's news1.eircom.net, esat is probably news.esatclear.ie, any others you'll have to ask their tech support, website, or wait for someone who knows to read this. :)

Stick the server in there, you should be presented with a large list of groups, go through it and "subscribe" to the ones you want, then they're added to the panel on the left, under the news server you added

(working from memory, haven't used OE in ages)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭MarkMI6

I'm not sure that Oceanfree have newsgroup access, if they do they keep it bloody well hidden.

Advertisement