Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armada II

Options
  • 18-10-2001 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone is looking forward to it as much as me.. :D

Its out in just over 3 weeks for anyone interested.

The official site is: Star Trek Armada II

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

The Box.. :D

Armada2Box.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

I wasnt aware that there was an official date given yet......been checking up on this nearly every day for the last few months...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Great news... didn't realise that it was going to be out so soon.

This is going to be a great few months with Civ III, Empire Earth and Galactic Battlegrounds.

I may not be seen outside for the rest of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

armada 2 ahhhh *drulling all over self* emmmm fusion cube

the best place that Ive found to check on info for it ishttp://www.strategyplanet.com/starmada/

• Advertisement

The only thing Im drulling over is the Galaxy class's special weapon... Saucer Seperation. Woooo ! :D

Only problem is they dont have the DS9 lisence so the cardys Starbase wont be DS9 :(

Ya can go to the A2 lobby now and all, its using gamespy this time. The develepors are there all the time, playing the game.. gits. they wont tell ya anything about it either.. :(

Theres a public beta due out somtime in the next week or so, it'll have 3 of the races and is only for multiplayer online testing, but it does have instant action. It'll be on fileplanet soon hopefully.

In Smyths the release date was 23/11/01.. bloody month away.. arghhh.

the 3 races being Federation, borg, and 8472.... all units for each will be availble in the test :)....

You will be able to play a skirmish but you'll have to go online to do it...

This was posted by Doug Pearson, producer for Armada II, at the official forums:

The game is rapidly coming to a close. We still have some issues to resolve, but the game is shapping up nicely. I'd like to thank all our Visioneer testers who have been very helpful in testing the game along with our internal testing teams at Activision and at Mad Doc Software.

The Development Team at Mad Doc Software have been amazing over the past several weeks as well. The game is very fun and I wish I had more time to just sit back and play.

We ran into some issues during our testing of the Multiplayer Test build which delayed our launch of the Test. As those issues were resolved it became quite apparent that we were spending too much time focusing on that separate Test build and not enough time on getting the WHOLE game done.

In short there will be no Multiplayer Test. We've been able to utilize our internal QA, Mad Doc testing group, external testing labs, and our Visioneers to cover the remaining issues in the multiplayer and single player game.

We are still planning on having a demo of Armada II available around the same time we launch the product. We are evaluating the potential addition of multiplayer as well for the demo version of the game, which should be available when the game hits the shelves.

There are only a couple weeks left now till we are done based on the current state of the game. I've told my relatives that i'll be home for Thanksgiving rather then working this year. I'd also like that Pumpkin day off, but that's unlikely. ;)

grrr, but its good to know its good to know that it will be out soon :)

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Posted by Doug Pearson on the official forums:-

I'm planning on getting some more assets out for the public this coming week as I should have a little bit more time available. I'm working towards the following:

1) Armada II box image for Windows background use in several resolutions.

2) 2 more additional audio tracks. Most likely the Klingon ones.

3) Intro Movie in several formats. Including auto-launching .exe using bink, Divx version, and streaming version.

4) Additional screenshots later in the week as well for Armada Universe, BluesNews, and Voodoo Extreme.

That's the update for now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement