Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mouse(somethings)

• 18-10-2001 12:37am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

In order to settle an argument with someone, I've decided to enlist the help of you reliable lot - Is it a mouseMAT or a mousePAD? What do you call yours?

(As much to try out the poll thingy as anything else...)

What do you call the thing you put under yer rodent? 48 votes

MouseMAT
    0% 0 votes
    MousePad
    66% 32 votes
    Something else entirely
    25% 12 votes
    I'm too l337 for mice, I'm a keyboard warrior.
    8% 4 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

some of have evolved beyond mouse-mats you know ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 486 ✭✭acous

"I'm too l337 for that crap, i use an optical mouse" :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

But what about that strange, little heard of nomadic band of Trackball raiders??
    Or even worse yet...I shudder to think their name..."UB3R-L337 0P71K4L 7R4CKB4LL L4MB4RZ"...urgh
    /me falls into a comatose vegetable-like state....

/me also just uses a MouseMAT

RatPAD, MouseMAT.
    It's a phonetics thing. The length of the AAAHHHHD in PAD stretches out the relatively short RAT, vice-versa for the MouseMAT. Balances the sound.
    Your friend sounds like a gimp when he says MousePAD, but that could just be him :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

mousePAD!?!
    wtf is a mousePAD????
    It's a MOUSEMAT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I like to call mine a...

Gel Padded Arm Rest

[just got a new one- oh its luxurious heeheehee!]

Be gone thou antiquated mouse pad / mat thingy!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

Mine is called a Rodent Friction Inducing Device (RFID)™

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Anyone have any experience with trackballs? Anyone have an old one I can buy really cheap/borrow to try out to see if I want to buy one? I'll be getting a new mouse/whatever soon, want to know if I should get one of those optical ones just like the ones DNC have, or a trackball.

And no, Hobbes, I don't want one of those little finger-mice-clip-on things, despite how cool it looks. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Originally posted by phaxx
    Anyone have any experience with trackballs?

Well I had one for a while. It was a bit more of a novelty than anything else. I mostly use my system for games, so i'll give you an idea based on genere comparison what its good for.

Its great for Real Time Strategy games. Over head jobbies, where youre looking down on your units and always run out of mousepad because the map is so big. And for some RPG's a la Diablo its good, but then thats teh same sort of thing.

Its Crap for First Person Shooter Games because it's just not as precise a normal mouse.

Aside from the accuracy its also not as quick. There's probably some setting somewhere to change this, but I didnt find it* (read didnt look for).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by phaxx

And no, Hobbes, I don't want one of those little finger-mice-clip-on things, despite how cool it looks. :)

Whuzzuh???

/me has a hilarious quizzical look on his face....

Like chinese finger torture?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Pimp Ninja

Well I had one for a while. It was a bit more of a novelty than anything else. I mostly use my system for games, so i'll give you an idea based on genere comparison what its good for.

Its great for Real Time Strategy games. Over head jobbies, where youre looking down on your units and always run out of mousepad because the map is so big. And for some RPG's a la Diablo its good, but then thats teh same sort of thing.

Its Crap for First Person Shooter Games because it's just not as precise a normal mouse.

Aside from the accuracy its also not as quick. There's probably some setting somewhere to change this, but I didnt find it* (read didnt look for).

Agreed. I use a logitech marble mouse and I do like it. Not good for any kind of game where you'll need your mouse moving accurately and fast (obviously the speed settings can be changed but it's still not accurate when fast Also less good than a regular mouse for doing things in photoshop etc. You do get to dump your mousemat tho'

• Advertisement

Well well well - Mousemat is the clear winner, yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Spent me a hell of a lot of money on a FuncMat but trust me, its worth it

Funcmat?

Advertisement