Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Action Speaks Louder than Words!

Options
  • 18-10-2001 2:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭

(First.... apologies for my spelling)

Ok i have listened/watched and waited long enough. I feel its time to ACT! We have been fobbed off long enough now and all i see is Eircom moveing the goal posts even further apart. If people are actually serious about this then now is the time to show it or is everyone just blabbing off at the mouth until push comes to shove ? I for one would love to save £50 - £60 or mor on my average phone bill of £300+ by totally abandoning the internet for however long it takes. There has been a vote:

( see dahamsta's thread for more info. on this proposal: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/show...?threadid=32149 )

[EDIT:] I VOTE... YES!!!

It has got an overwhelming responce from everyone. So i think we should all stop hanging around waiting for Eircom to do something ( Come on .... we all know at this stage all they want to do is delay and make as much profit as they can while we sit back and wait for them to do nothing) So i suggest that we make a date NOW! for the total Blackout of Eircom and give everyone plenty of notice. Agree on a time limit DO IT! and then DO IT! again and again if we have to, until such time as someone in Eircom actually notices that we are not just a HUGE! source incom to them and nothing else.... Make them notice that we also have a Voice.... and its time we were heard!

Come on ye lot.... its time!

MS

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

So i suggest that we make a date NOW! for the total Blackout of Eircom

Soon, MS, soon...

and give everyone plenty of notice.

And this is what's holding it up...

The original date I suggested for the Blackout leaves too little time to prepare IMHO. We need people to lobby their schools, colleges and workplaces to take part. We need people to write letters and emails to draw attention to the protest. We need to build up to it, with facts and information that will demonstrate to people the real advantages to getting involved.

I'm working on the information right now, but it doesn't leave a whole lot of time for spreading the concept. I suggested we do it some date in November, and that we set the date in the next few days. So now you lot can help - are there any particular dates in November when we *shouldn't* have it? When it will clash with something else? Friday is still the proposed day btw.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Maybe we should have it near the time of the official "No Net" day in America which is the Thanksgiving Holiday- Usually the end of November!

I know their reasoning for the No net day is to get ppl to leave their nice broadband connections for 1 day of the year and see what life w/out the net is like:p but it could be quite ironic to have a not net day pointing out our reversal of fortune:)

If its not going to be Halloween, IMO this is the next best/appropriate date!

Advertisement