Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BG2 questions

Options
  • 18-10-2001 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

okey dokey.
    have a couple of questions for yis.......

am trying to do a few quwests here, but i cant do them due to facing locked doors i cant get around. i cant get them unlocked.
    any ideas?
    can you barge down doors or something?

also, how do i recharge staves and wands and rods and stuff?
    really annoying me that i have some nice stuff but its all run out of charges :(

silver dragon.
    where is it?

how do i kill that fragtak thing yokey mabob dragon?

im sure i'll think of something else!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

more details pls?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I don't speak "4am just in from the a nights drinking and want to play BG" but I'll try :D

am trying to do a few quwests here, but i cant do them due to facing locked doors i cant get around. i cant get them unlocked.

There are 3 types of locked doors.
    1. Ones you can pick the lock on.
    2. One you need a key.
    3. Quest doors. These only open if you have selected a quest.

Normally if it needs a key it tells you when you try to pick it. If it says something about invisible barrier its a quest door.

Can you barge down doors or something?

I think so, try attacking the door. Although I just pick the lock.

also, how do i recharge staves and wands and rods and stuff?

Can't to my knowledge.

silver dragon.
    where is it?

I think that one is in the underdark. She turns you into Drow as part of a quest. You can kill her but good luck trying to escape the underdark. :) You have to rescued whats her name from the mental hospital before you get there. Tip, when you complete that part of the game you have a choice to go directly to underdark or take the boat. I think if you take the boat you get an extra quest.

I think you mean the red dragon? Use your noggin.

im sure i'll think of something else!

I'm sure you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

well, im just about to finish chapter 3.
    do i get to come back to this city at all, as there are still some quests i want to do here, but like i said i cant get behind certain doors.
    like the rogue stone one on the bridge, the golden skull (i have all the other bits) in the docks district.

just annoying, so if i can come back later that would be ok as id have imoen back who can pick locks for me

Yes you get to go back to the city.

It's..

Prison
    City (+quests)
    Island of hospital
    Hospital
    Underdark or underwater city (or both)
    Elf lands
    City (+quests)

and some more after that.

Oh what is your main character btw? Each character has a "Guild quest". For example the thief gets to run the thieves guild, warriors run the castle and the mage controls the sphere.

Each one gives you special items and cash. Fun too dealing with the guild members.

Oh if you do the thieves guild one, don't kill any thief in the guild I did and they all started screaming "Run the boss has gone nuts!". :)

Oh and some things will never open depending on your alignment. As there are good and evil based quests.

ahh ok.

im a ranger and i have my cabin in the moountains.
    not too sure what to do with it mind you :)

at the moment im trying to kill the shade dragon with very little success.
    i may just come back to it later :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

Originally posted by Hobbes

I think that one is in the underdark. She turns you into Drow as part of a quest. You can kill her but good luck trying to escape the underdark. :) You have to rescued whats her name from the mental hospital before you get there. Tip, when you complete that part of the game you have a choice to go directly to underdark or take the boat. I think if you take the boat you get an extra quest.

If you go on the boat, you visit the sahuagin city where you can get the incredibly useful Cloak of Reflection (so handy against beholders its unreal!)

I think you mean the red dragon? Use your noggin.

kick the **** outa him :)

yeah, am just on underdark now.
    good game this. but bloosy hell its annoying with all these quests. i want to finish it quick and get my life back!

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

I found this site to be fairly useful for hints:
    http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursgateii/

this find familiar spell.
    how does it bloody work?
    no matter what i do it tells me to cast on the protagonist or something stupid.
    kinda annoying. i want a familiar, and i want it NOW!

Familars can only be created by the main character in the group, who has to be a wizard.

Or if you have a Rogue in Throne of Bhaal that has reached Quest levels you can use Find Familar Scroll.

• Advertisement
Advertisement