Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake III maps to Half Life?

• 18-10-2001 12:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭

With the release of GMAX and all its bells and whistles is it possible to convert the maps you can make for Q3 with it over to half life maps? or is there any other process of changing bsp's over for half life.. or vice-versa.. just wondering as im used to 3D Studio Max... gowan you knowledgeable folks :)

"LOSE me.. Hate me.. SMASH me..
    ERASE me.. KILL me.."

nine inch nails - eraser

|Chief|...

cfx.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Best bet is to make it in gmax then open up it up in worldcraft and add all the entities and redo the textures because HL uses Quake .wad files for the textures and Quake uses tga's and jpg's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Although why you'd want Q3 maps in Half-Life is beyond me.
    :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Surely the HL engine couldn't handle the complexity (ooh big word :p ) of Q3 maps could it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i dunno about q3 -> HL.. but it would be nice to have q3de_dust1

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

The Quake III engine uses effects such as real curves, shaders, etc. which Half-Life can't handle, so Q3 -> HL would be a no-no...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Dazzer

Despite what these lads say it can be done :) Just leave out and curves and do all the texture work in WC therefore no shadowers.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Lyconix

yes but 'leaving out' the curves would mean starting maps from scratch anyway, so why bother?

Advertisement