Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

fantasy world

Options
  • 18-10-2001 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭

In Tolkien's Lord of the Rings, Gandalf believes that the time for wizards n magic have passed n a new age is begining, the age of man.

So suppose for a moment that this is how the world evolved n we are now liveing in the age of man, would you if given a choice live in this world or the world that had gone before.

Asumeing you could be anyone, or anything which would you choose and why?

(lol this sounds like a juniour cert english question lmao :D)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I'd much prefer to live in the LoTR times, of course I would have to be someone semi-evil, always on the look out for no. 1 but sometimes helping each both sides to mix it up and see what happens. Of course magic, for me, would be essential. Perhaps being neutral would give me some magiks from both sides, which I would say would be lots of fun.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by Ivan
    I'd much prefer to live in the LoTR times, of course I would have to be someone semi-evil, always on the look out for no. 1 but sometimes helping each both sides to mix it up and see what happens. Of course magic, for me, would be essential. Perhaps being neutral would give me some magiks from both sides, which I would say would be lots of fun.
    Or you'd be a filthy peasant, with bugger all rights, no education, never travel more than 10 miles from your home and die at 35.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Originally posted by Draco
    Or you'd be a filthy peasant, with bugger all rights, no education, never travel more than 10 miles from your home and die at 35.

Well there's that posability... but i did say u could choose! ;)

I take ur point it'd be a hard way of life, without modern comforts but if ur a wizard or some supernatural being of great power u wouldn't have to worrie about such things :D

I think it'd be cool, great battles, a time to gain great honor n respect unlike this faceless world in which we live.

• Subscribers Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭Draco

Originally posted by azezil
    Well there's that posability... but i did say u could choose! ;)
    D'oh - my first reading of it was that you could just choose what time period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I think i would like to live in tolkiens world but not forever, better to be able to go there at will and lead a double life..
    But in tolkiens world i could have some fun, especially if i was an Istari but my namesake would not be quite so stupid as in the book! I think i would be good but with a dark edge, as in i serve the better good but my methods could be questionable sometimes!

• Advertisement
Advertisement