Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on MD Players...

• 18-10-2001 9:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

i'm looking to buy a good mini-disk player and i was just wondering if anyone can suggest a good one.(thats not too expensive)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

They're all as good as each other really.

I've got a Sony thats over a year old now and it's still working perfectly. So I'd say Sony are a safe bet.

Just make sure to get a RECORDABLE MD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

yeah i was looking at a sony 1 for 170 quid. i'll probably get that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

I also saw that £170 Sony MD player a few days ago. Looks like a good buy, but it's got no rechargable battery or inline remote just to mention. Other than that, it's seems like a good deal.

i knew it had no remote but i didn't know about it having no rechargable battery.

what the hell, i might as well fork out a few more quid and get the one for £250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Originally posted by Fidelis
    no rechargable battery or inline remote

God Yes, go for the one with the rechargable battery!

Though to be honest I never really use the inline remote anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mythago

I'm on my second SONY MZ-G750, and I was just about to
    recommend it at £250 a go..... BUT just noticed that the inline
    remote clip is starting to crack at the hinge!! The same that happened my first one! And this one hasn't been used much :mad:
    Other than that its a great player/recorder, has Long Play & a
    radio(which drains the supplied battery in no time).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 710 ✭✭✭BattlingCheese

I have the same model MD Mythago.
    Apparently(official Sony source) there is a problem with the way the power is transferred to the remote when playing the radio.

If the battery is about half empty then the radio will not work. It thinks the battery is empty. However playing MD's will work fine. Go figure.

The only fault with an outstanding MD player.

The Long Play feature is brill with nearly 3hours out of an 80min MD and 5 using the highest compression. Only good for voice, lectures etc as the quality suffers.

Thanx for the advice lads.
    i've made up my mind, i'm going to get the SONY MZ-G750

Advertisement